Monday, February 11, 2013

headache


2-11-13

My head has hurt since sometime yesterday morning.

I am not 100% sure why. It could just be from it being a very active weekend and my lack of sleep last night due to Ken’s coughing combined with the tossing and turning combo. Either way, it is annoying. It is one thing to have to deal with work. It is another thing altogether to deal with work with a splitting headache.

My weekend needed to slow down. Friday night had us at Chris’ Flash Party. It didn’t start till 8, so it was way past 3 of the 4 of our bedtimes. It was fun getting all decked out in black and going as a family. The theme was pretty cool, too. We were to bring a gift that was something we already had that we truly loved. In exchange, we would be taking something from his home. Bobby picked out the 3 monkey lamp we had gotten after Doug died. It is a lamp we all really like, but we just didn’t have a good place for it. Chris would truly give it a good home. In exchange, we chose a piece of original artwork that Chris had drawn. I just need to get a good frame for it and we will be able to put it up.

After Chris’ party, we took the boys to Best Donuts. It seemed appropriate being that it was late and we were in the area. The donuts were not the fresh ones that you get at 1 am, but we were only there at like 10 pm. Still, it was kind of fun to go with the family.




Saturday was ok. Ken left to go ref at about noon. The boys, Luna and I walked up the street to watch the groundbreaking ceremony for a new pocket park near our house. It is only a couple of blocks from our house, so this will be pretty cool. It was put in for a number of reasons, but the biggest one was a way to combat the amount of sexual predators that are nearby. There is a neighborhood across the tracks from us that has an insanely high quantity of offenders, which is disturbing based on how many kids also reside in that neighborhood. There is not much law enforcement can do about it being that a school/park are not close enough to warrant removal of these people. So they decided to put in a park. This is a positive way to better the community.

It isn’t a big park, but I spoke to our local officer who was running the ceremony and she told me there would be a playground and a fountain and it would all be fenced in. It is also on the main street, which means it is less likely to have too much of a bad element due to the visibility. It will be pretty cool to have a little park we can walk up to.

After we got back, the boys played with their friends, so I was in a house surrounded by 5 running kids. It was loud.

At the last minute we asked my folks to watch the boys for a couple hours so Ken and I could attend the AYSO Volunteer Appreciation dinner. It was nice to go. It was near the house, over in Old Torrance at the BFD Grill. Both Ken and I not only got trophies, we both ended up winning in the raffle! We each won a $25 gift card for Score, which is pretty damn cool!

I left at 8 to go get the boys and I brought them back to the restaurant. My poor kids were pooped. Even Bobby, who normally handles late nights was out of it. He started to feel sick because he got a little car sick on the way over. It was not fun having to rush the kid to the bathroom in my nice garb, worried that he was about to spew. Thankfully he did not.

On Sunday, the plan had been to clean house since Ken was heading off to his gaming group. Instead, he invited the boys and I to come along and it would give us a chance to teach the boys how to play Pokemon. Bobby seemed to really enjoy it. I think Dax liked it, but he is a sore loser so whenever anyone attacked him, he got pissy. He won, but it was a close game. I helped Dax while Ken helped Bobby. It was cool playing the game again. I remember why I really enjoyed it. I have a feeling we will play more, but Dax will need a shorter game since he was bored. He also was tired.


I find it interesting that the Pope is retiring 8 years after he went in. I always joked that Bobby was the new Pope since he was born the day the last guy almost died.

I have to make invitation flyers for Bobby’s party on the 23rd. I am letting him invite his whole class. I now just have to decide on a time. I am thinking 11.

Bobby and I picked out pictures online for his Hershey report. They have been printed and cut out and now glued to construction paper. I am going to get him one of those nice report folders. This week he needs to write the paper out. Hopefully she gives us the report back so Bobby can start copying it. I think the presentation will be overkill, but I am really good at that.

No comments: