Wednesday, February 6, 2013

circling


2-6-13

The sick is way too close to our home.

A kid threw up in Dax’s class yesterday. Bobby’s teacher was out on Monday due to a 103 fever. It feels like we are in the water with sharks circling. Ken seemed to have a fever last night and he still felt warm when I left this morning. Bobby has also started his standard cough and my nose is going to require a plug soon so as to not make a mess on my desk. Bleah all around.

It seemed good that yesterday was Pancake Day. We needed a win what with the evils that are nearby. Ken made his nummy cakes that we have now dubbed Daddycakes for us and we all ate more than normal. I liked that I was able to just sit and curse at the laptop instead of worrying about dinner.

The laptop wasn’t really the issue. The program I was using for scanning purposes was running slow and I was getting frustrated. Thankfully, Lucy was there to make things funny despite the tech issues. She presented me with her fabulous cat butt art in which she placed herself on the scanner and allowed me to run a picture of her booty and adorable paws. Technology and cats go together like peanut butter and jelly.


I am really enjoying the new family walk we are doing each night. Dax walks Luna, which truly is perfect. The two of them bound along, completely in sync with one another. They run ahead, which is how they both operate anyway. Luna also seems to understand that Dax is in charge when he holds the leash. Dax will tell her to sit and she does it as quickly as if I had said it. There is a bond that works there.

Lycos and Bobby walk together, which also is an appropriate pairing. Lycos doesn’t pay attention to much around him and just walks along at her own random, hop along pace. Bobby does the same. They both are not agile, but they make up for it in their super happy bounce that is evident in both Lycos’ ear flop and Bobby’s locks. Tonight I am making sure to take the camera.

This morning I am dreading the new neighbor. I have a new cube mate for the next 2 weeks (read 2 months the way things work around here.). I know him and actually like the guy, but anyone in my corner fucks with my Zen. I noticed he has a radio placed at his desk and memories of him being in our department briefly before come to mind where people have mentioned he has it too loud. My counter attack currently is to make sure my radio is on at the same level all morning. Normally I turn it down for commercials and even music to some degree since my objective until 10 is just listening to Kevin and Bean. I will be annoyed if he somehow makes that an issue.

Truly, it shouldn’t be a big deal, but I am a curmudgeon in my young age.

I enjoyed greatly the activity of choice for the boys last night. They decided that journal writing and picture drawing was cool. They go through these phases from time to time, and I encourage it with lots of random notebooks that are at their disposal. Bobby is really enjoying sketches of different things. Mostly they are Star Wars characters. When he takes his time, they look pretty good! He is now filling a hard cover journal with random drawings. Dax wanted to get in on the fun and instead of drawing, he decided to write a journal. His journal entry was endearing and funny and awesome all wrapped into one.

Let’s make this a good Wednesday, peeps!

No comments: