Monday, April 15, 2013

a good busy weekend


4-15-13

I have to say, it is super nice to not have to worry about taxes on tax day.

I had a very full weekend. I should have probably spent a little more time on the house, but I wasn’t feeling particularly motivated. Instead, I played.

Friday night, Stephanie and I went to the Melting Pot. It was really a great place for gooey appetizers and cocktails. In addition to that, we were able to chat up the waiter who was much too patient with our hijinks. It was nice catching up in person and to be able to just laugh like that.

Saturday, Ken headed out to Anaheim early. So early, I honestly don’t know what time he left because I was too busy being comfy and asleep. I awoke to the boys laughing hysterically in the living room. Thank goodness it was close to 8 since I would have been annoyed if I had just been woken up at 6.

They played Minecraft, while I watched Mad Men. We hung out in the morning in our jammies, which was super wonderful. We had a lunch date, so I started leisurely getting ready around 10:30. I spent some time texting with Ken who was quite bored in one of his classes. I managed to wake him up. LOL!
We did a quick Target run before heading over to Anderson Park. We met up with the Machados where we had lunch and some awesome fun times. There was a circle of catch which was truly entertaining. We also spent some time playing basketball, where everyone was quite delighted with my lack of skills in sinking a basket. It was pretty damned comical.

We got home where my house seemed to be the equivalent of a giant bug light for kids. There was a full blown kick ball game in my front yard complete with 8 kids playing. It was madness! Thankfully, there was very little drama, but I could tell Dax was getting tired. We had played pretty hard at the park, and he doesn’t exactly enjoy losing. LOL! I had been planning on calling them in at one point but opted to give them an extra 45 minutes because I knew I would be the meanest mom in the world to end this party.
Ken got home about 30 minutes after they came in, which was at shower time. It was nice to be able to tag him in for that adventure. I was pooped!

Sunday morning brought us to the Sky Zone for some bouncing adventure. Dax mastered the flips into the foam and kicked some ass jumping off the walls. Bobby was rockin a dodge ball game and having a blast with it. We only did 30 minutes, which in hind sight was probably way too short, but Kam had only got 30 minutes for Dylan and Taylor who were there with us and so it seemed like a good start to this place for us. We are so going back, with Ken and I both anxious to bounce right along with the boys.

We were given a nice break from kid antics when Maria invited all the kids who were back in our front yard (only 6 this time) to come play in the bounce house she had in the backyard that was planned for a family party later that evening. So my kids were able to go bounce around in there while I worked on housework and Ken attempted to figure out why the brakes on the car were being pissy with him.

We watched Half Blood Prince since we all needed a nice quiet evening. The best part of this was at the end of the movie when Bobby announced, “Well that wasn’t a very nice ending.” Um, yeah, it is a bit of a downer, but it had to be done.

Thankfully the week doesn’t look too crazy. I get to go to a baby shower on Saturday, which will be lots of fun. My mom is going with the boys and I since she knows one of the members of the couple! Dawn, a girl I have known since kindergarten and her wife are having a little girl and their baby shower is at a park in Manhattan Beach. I am really looking forward to it.

The Spring Fest is also this weekend, but I have no idea when or if we will make it over there. Ken has some Founders Cup activities such as ref work and check in so I don’t know when he is around yet. If it works out, he might be able to meet us down at Spring Fest after the shower since it will be in the same general area.

Monarch is a bona fide mouser! Who knew? He was stalking the porch from the window last night when we were eating dinner. He kept jumping down between the screen and glass, trying to get to the porch. So we went out to check and there were four mice! We tried to catch them, but had no luck. I let Monarch out to let him have some fun. I didn’t actually expect him to do anything, especially since when I put him out he only pouted. We were getting ready for bed and Ken went up to let him in. He was on the porch, playing with a mouse! Ken brought it in to show me and when he went back out, Monarch had already caught a second! I am telling you, this group of mice that are coming to our house are foolish little buggers. Luna caught one the other day. Not to mention the one Breezer caught about 2 months ago. What mouse thinks coming to a house with 6 cats, a pup (who apparently is also a mouser), and a snake is a good idea?

I finished Mad Men season 5, which means I only have 2 episodes left, and they are on Tivo. Dax and I can hopefully finish Being Human this week, although I will have to wait until next season for more of that. The good news is we get another season! YAY!! This all now means that I need to find something new to watch for workouts. I have been told to watch Downton Abbey. I also want to watch the Walking Dead. Both of these may be too serious, but who knows. I think for today I am going to watch Hunger Games since it was released on streaming. I am quite excited. I know, I have seen it, but I love it. I just watched the preview for the next movie and I am counting down the days till Nov 22. YAY!

No comments: