Friday, April 26, 2013

stupid fish tank


4-26-13

I really need to watch where I am going better.

I tried to slip behind Dax who was sitting on a stool watching Ken play Minecraft. All I wanted to do was to close the front door. I didn’t factor in the incredibly sharp point of the fish tank and my arm is still throbbing this morning from the impact. It hurt so bad it actually had me speechless and in tears for a good 5 minutes. 

Ouch.

I had to break the news to the boys last night about America’s Got Talent. Dax took it harder, but he didn’t end up crying since I guess I shocked him when I told him that I had been so upset about the news that I left work early, crying. It seemed to make him feel better, almost as if I was telling him it was more than ok to be upset at things. I let them know that we would have to come up with something fun to do tonight. Dax thought going and seeing the Croods would be good, so I am thinking that is the plan for now.

The eye doc actually asked if I was a little dehydrated. I laughed since I had probably consumed close to 2 gallons of fluids over the course of the day. She wasn’t worried. She just noted my eyes were a little, I guess squishier than what they would normally be. She had to do the touch my eye thing to check pressure. She said there was nothing to worry about and actually my eyes look really good. I still have 20-20 in my right eye, and I am pretty damn close to that in my left eye. Also, this screening was more to see if the diabetes had moved to my eyes at all. It has not. In fact, she was impressed with all of it. YAY!

Ken happened to be able to get an appointment right after me. He had been referred this week due to him having another migraine. The doctor wanted to check his eyes since he has a scintillating scotoma when it happens. Having had this in elementary school a couple times, I know what an unfun thing this is.

They checked his vision and he is still a bit more farsighted. They prescribed him with some glasses for things like being in front of the computer. It is only single lenses and the doc wasn’t too concerned. She didn’t want to dilate his eyes, though. Apparently he has some thin part of the eye that if dilated it could cause a pressure change in his eyes and she wants to make sure she has an ophthalmologist present for that. Not a big deal, but man she freaked out Ken since she mentioned she wanted the other doc present but said she would explain after the exam. Look, when a doctor wants to wait on something, it is a little intimidating. LOL! Thankfully, there is no real problem, just a doc making sure nothing goes wrong.

My eyes hurt after the exam since that dilating nonsense really does mess with your light intake. I made dinner with sunglasses on. It wasn’t too bad, but I could tell that it hurt. Thankfully, the boys wanted to watch Ken with his Minecraft game, so I was able to sit back and watch one of my Mad Men episodes. It was good (until I smashed my arm).

I am counting down until tomorrow morning. I have managed to keep the birthday present a secret and I am so freaking excited about his reaction. Hee!!!

We have our offer on the cul-de-sac place in front of the sellers and an offer was submitted last night to our other wonderful awesome cool house. Now we wait. Oh well, I can manage!

No comments: