Wednesday, April 17, 2013

the game


4-16-13

Another fantastic property, and yet again I find me getting a bit jazzed!

Yesterday, we found out there was a counter offer to a place we had looked at almost a month and a half ago. It is the property in which the owner had died in the house. Not sure if it is the death that is keeping buyers away, but it does give us an in. The problem is that it isn’t “the one”. I know I should not be super picky right now. Shoot, this place is pretty awesome with lots of potential. It has charm, it is in a kick ass neighborhood and the boys love the fact that it has a pool. Sadly, the pool does pose red flags for our financers, but that isn’t my issue with the place. It is smaller than our current place. That is not good.

As Ken was talking to his folks about the place, I heard him mention addresses. I was getting a bit confused since he kept talking about a place that apparently we put an offer in on, but we had never seen the place. As we looked into it more and more, it appears that yes, in fact, we had put in an offer on a place that I had sent the listing to Carolie accidently on. She loved the place based on the listing info. I had seen the place and was intrigued, but it was over our limit. I had it on my watch list, but didn’t think anything of it.
Now that there was an offer in on it AND approval from the fam to go for it, I was ignited to see it. We were able to see it at 5:30 yesterday, camera in hand.

Wow.

Seriously, really great! Good sized bedrooms, including a really good sized master suite. Separate laundry room, good kitchen with new appliances. A kitchen nook! A great family room with another front room that I suppose would be a great formal living room (with giant picture window for the Christmas Tree!!!) along with a middle section that could be a dining room or even an office/library. Giant yard, complete with Dax climbing tree. Sure, there is some work to be done, but it is only on the yard. The house has been flipped, which has given it new flooring, paint and other amenities.

Here is where I know not to get too excited.

I took a shit ton of pictures and sent them to the Compound. We told Brandon to let the seller know we are up for negotiation since we know there is another buyer. It sounds like our financers are willing to play ball on this one. Gah!!! I hate this game!!!!!

I did determine that I may not need my actual camera as much. I forgot to put the memory card back in after going to the Walnut property and when we got to the new place, I was all upset since I needed to take pictures. It occurred to me that I have my iTouch which is all kinds of kick ass when it comes to camera capability. I snapped all the pics and it was actually pretty awesome. It was also easy enough to connect to the computer when I got home. Yay!

I also set up a Flickr account. There are some changes afoot for Picasa, which blows, so I need to start photo shopping. Also, I have had issues uploading to Picasa with the new computer. I needed something to be able to upload pics of these houses so I could send links to my financers. This worked out pretty well. I may use it for other pics, but not sure as of yet.

No comments: