Thursday, April 25, 2013

Punch


4-25-13

I have been re-inspired!

So yesterday as I combed through all of the various listings that meet our criteria, it occurred to me that there was a place we had looked at before that I know I really liked. It is in Torrance and at the end of a cul-de-sac that was pretty good sized and would work out well for our needs on both a personal and Ken’s business level. We didn’t put an offer in as it was during a transition period in which we had been told the price range of the place was too high. Now that this is not the same problem, we can bid on it.

What makes it even better is that it isn’t on the market currently. They don’t plan to list until next month. However, they can accept an offer. I spoke to Brandon and he sounded actually quite excited about this one. Apparently even Frank was jazzed and he told us we should put in an offer and he told us for how much! This was very cool and it makes me happy!

This morning I came in and did my standard ListingBook check and what do I see? The house we loved that we were one of the last ones bidding seems to be listed as Active again. Not sure what any of this means since I am still new at all of this, but I emailed my people to let them know we are still interested and would like to know what the deal is. I hate that I am up at 5 in the morning and finding these things and no one I need to talk to is up. LOL!

So with two possibilities again on the table, I feel like things may go better this round. We also are considering putting in an offer for one of the ones we saw yesterday that was pretty cute. It wasn’t much bigger than our current house, but they did some cool things with the space. I don’t anticipate much out of this one, but at least I was pleasantly surprised.

The other two, well, let’s just say they have been removed from my watch list. In reality, they were not “bad”. They just were not us. I am ok with this, especially since they already had points against them with being in Hawthorne. Yes, this means I should probably not look, but Hawthorne still has so many good things, too. Either way, I am glad I looked.

Today I have my eye appointment. I am curious how bad they are. It has been some time since I got my eyes checked. I don’t know that I will need anything like glasses, but then again, who knows! I expect it since my whole family has them, and really, with as much time as I spend in front of a computer, it probably would be a good thing to give my eyes a hand.

Ken came home from soccer last night and I didn’t expect to hear his tale. He has told me in the past that the refs at this place suck and how many of the teams they play are pretty rough. I was shocked when he then told me how there were 2 yellow cards and a red card given out for the fouls. Not as shocked as when I then was told that the red card was issued to him for punching a guy!

My understanding is that the guy he punched called Ken a “fag” which really deserves more than one punch in the face. That being said, I am still a little surprised that Ken was the one to throw the punch. I guess the whole game was heated and it was after the game and there was a brawl mentality due to all of it, but it is crazy. This whole soccer thing is supposed to be light and fun, but every week it sounds more and more, well, intense! I know he can handle himself, but I gotta say I am torn. I don’t like him being in these kind of situations! What happens if some guy beats the shit out of him? I don’t see it happening, but I just don’t want him getting hurt over some tool who is just being a dick. Sigh. It is some crazy shit.
  

No comments: