Friday, April 12, 2013

picnics and tree climbing


4-12-13

Stupid busy street.

We didn’t get to see the place with the picket fence, but we did see a different one. It has 5 bedrooms! It has a yard, but not as big as Ken would like, although there is a lot of wasted space outside that could be fixed up. The main problem (aside from price) was that it is on 182nd, which is a very well –traveled thoroughfare. I didn’t mind it as much, but Ken was not as keen. I don’t see any point in trying to convince him of the merits of a house that although seemed perfectly nice, was not my favorite by a long shot.
Offers will hopefully be submitted today for two places. Both are low offers, but we wanted to put them in to see what happens.

I have noticed that on Fridays there is usually one or two new listings in order to be open for the weekend, so we shall see what pops up.

I am on a mission this afternoon. I got an email concerning someone’s birthday and I am anxious to get this card for her. She is the wife of Sandra’s ex-husband. I know, how odd to celebrate someone who truly has nothing to do with me, but she actually does. I met her at Doug’s memorial and she was lovely. She is the one who put together Doug’s memorial books and knew Doug well since Ken, her husband, was very active in Doug’s upbringing. When I was chatting with her, I found out she used to teach at Halldale! There are many teachers at Halldale that may have been there when she was so I am hoping to get a card signed by the ones that do remember her. Yay!

Stephanie and I are rockin fondue and cocktails tonight which should be lots of fun. It feels like it has been forever since she and I went out. Thinking about it, I don’t know that we have gone out girls’ night style in months! It will be a good thing since I will be on kid duty all day Saturday. However, I do have a good plan for the boys and I. Although I do have a lot of laundry to tackle in the morning, we are going to pack a picnic and go eat at Anderson under what I think Dax will feel is the world’s best climbing tree. It is the same tree Angela and I held a couple of kids captive for an hour back in the day. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: