Thursday, April 11, 2013

pretty


4-11-13

You don’t want to buy a house that has multiple security cameras, barbed wire around the fences, and a homemade deterrent in the form of nails with their points out on all of the tops of the gates.

We are hopefully looking at a cute place this afternoon, complete with white picket fence. I guess the guy there is nervous about people seeing it since it sounds like he has a lot of clutter. I noticed this morning it is on a Hold status, so I will be curious if that means we won’t be able to see the place today. Or, it is on hold due to his insecurities and we may be able to get in and be one of the only people to see the place which makes bidding easier.

Ken has an MRI this afternoon for his elbow. Hopefully they figure out what is going on with it. There is some theory from his doc that it is a torn tendon if I remember correctly, which could mean surgery if this MRI shows the tear. As much as surgery isn’t a good thing, if it makes his arm less painful, I will be happy for it to happen.

I have a departmental lunch today which I can’t decide if I am happy about. On one hand, I like a few of the people in my department a lot. However, we are dining with the other two accounting departments, and our CFO, who is hosting this lunch, has assigned us to tables, leaving me with people I don’t know as well. I get so nervous about these sort of interactions. I actually got myself a new dress last night and even did my nails just for today. Totally silly being that the lunch is at like noon and I leave at 1. LOL!

The boys and I are discussing having a picnic on Saturday. Ken is going to be at the area meeting for AYSO much of the day, so we have all day to hang. I do have some household chores to tend to, but I think I can manage to get a lot of that done early.

The boys have started into some new pop culture territory. They have become obsessed with Adventure Time. In addition to that warped as show, they play Minecraft as often as possible. I have introduced them to Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack as well since Netflix has partnered with some Cartoon Network shows. They were not as keen on Venture Brothers, which I have to say broke our hearts a bit, but I can accept that they have their own tastes. 

No comments: