Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2 days in a row!

1-6-16

Look! Another blog!

This morning started well being that on my way to work I saw two coyotes. They were not near home, which is probably better. They were near my office and both were alive and well on Road Kill Highway which is a remarkable thing. I saw a fox the other day, also alive. There is something very cool about urban wildlife.

Poor Dax had a rough day yesterday. The rain prevented him from being able to have a real recess and his homework was rather time consuming resulting in a fair amount of frustrated tears. All in all he kept it together with some help from Ken who during homework fielded a call from an LA Galaxy rep that he has been working with behind the scenes. There is a very real possibility that Dax and his team will be able to participate in some either before game or halftime activities during a Galaxy game which I know would be amazing for Dax.

Today we have to go to the orthodontist to get Bobby’s new retainer. Thankfully this orthodontist is awesome and is replacing the one that Bobby broke for no cost. I would imagine this is a standard policy. Either way it will be good for him to get it back in his mouth being he has been without it for a couple of weeks.

I started the tedious process of taking down Christmas decorations. The tree is no longer “up” but it is still in the house and not in the body bag it should be in. I figure I have about an hour when I get home in which I can work on gathering more of the random items sprinkled throughout the house in order to make it more festive. I know I have been slightly tense about the state of the house due to holiday clutter and I know that once it is all put away it will allow me to relax more. I see multiple cleaning projects ahead of me and although some people may think that would be a daunting endeavor; those are the events that excite me right now.

I managed to secure my very own permanent parking spot yesterday. The current rotation schedule that has me parking in one lot one month and another every other month has always been a point of contention with me. Yesterday an email was sent indicating the lot I use for January was not available for a month due to auditors that storm the building at this time each year. I have noted that the lot I used in December has had open spots available during the times I can’t park there. I considered just rebelling and parking there sans permission. Instead I opted to tactfully email the parties that make these decisions and managed to convince them that in fact I should be allowed to park in that lot every month. They agreed and I now feel like I have a wonderful victory under my belt. Yay me!

I keep looking at my calendar here at my desk and each time I forget that it is December’s, not January. I suppose I should fix that. However, choosing a calendar is always such a big decision. You have to choose something that is going to represent you for 12 months! What if it gets dull after March? These are the silly things that keep me up at night.


No comments: