Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wednesday is done

1-28-16

My crazy Wednesday is over!

Yeah, it was just as hectic as I had expected it would be. The agenda did indicate this, but there were also a couple of curveballs thrown in for good measure. Luckily, they were not horrible, but still things to cause distress. Specifically on my way to the dentist, my car told me once again how much it wants to just curl up and die.

I was driving along, noting how incredibly warm it was. I knew it wasn’t cold out, and the sun was blaring down on me as I headed towards Redondo Beach, but I still found it odd. I didn’t do anything as really, what is there to do? I turned up the vent, and even rolled down the windows a bit. I got down the road a little ways from this point and then my car started binging like R2D2 was cursing out C3PO. It was nuts! I wasn’t even sure what it was beeping for. I then noted the temperature gauge. Holy crap! My car was nearing the red zone and I knew this was not good. Lucky for me, I was near where I was heading so I was able to turn off the car and assess what the deal was. I headed in to my dental appointment and hoped that it would allow my car enough time to cool down.

On my way home, the temperature certainly was higher than it is normally, but it wasn’t in a bad place. I had to turn off the vent due to the warm air, but even with them off, there was air coming out that was almost hot. Windows down, worry in my head, I trucked on, thankful it wasn’t too far to get home. It never yelled at me during that journey. Ken checked my fluids (boy that sounds dirty) and flushed the system, so hopefully this afternoon we won’t have a repeat of that adventure. This morning I didn’t note any issue, but I also kept the vent off and it was 4:00 in the morning so not exactly warm out so that may have helped. Either way, I was very aware of every temperature change as I drove along.

Practice was good last night. My folks came along to get their soccer fix what with there being no games for a couple weeks. We found out the next tournament for the Strikers will be Valentine’s Day weekend, which seems so far away, even though it is only a couple weeks. We also found out that Dax will not be missing a scrimmage this Saturday, which is happy making. JJ is now trying to schedule a scrimmage game during the week which would in place of a Striker practice. I am all about that! Very cool to have a game to watch during the week.

The rest of the evening was mostly spent at the Galaxy Center for Ken’s game. Dax was able to play with Nico and Bobby which was good for Dax to be able to do more soccer, and I always like it when Bobby is active, although I was concerned about his foot since he said he was a little sore afterwards. It didn’t look swollen when we got home so that was a relief for me.

Tonight is another practice, this time for the Pythons. The plan is Bobby and I will complete another walk from Steve to Wilson, but it may be in reverse as Ken may not get home in time to take Dax to the park. Not a bad thing, mind you, except that I will miss the scrimmage part of the practice which kind of sucks. However, Bobby and I can get home in time to make dinner for when they get home. Truly, it all works out ok.

Of course, when I get home I also realize I need to pack. I already have the boys stuff together. I will need to get their iPads and chargers tomorrow afternoon when I get home since they will still possibly use them today. I have decided I only need to wear one pair of jeans that will last me the weekend and I just need a couple of shirts. With this being such a quick trip, packing will be light and easy. The dogs will be left alone, but only for one day. We will feed them before we leave on Friday, most likely giving them a bit more food than normal. Then they will be on their own for Saturday, which should be fine. I feel bad, but at the same time there is no real reason to have someone check on them for just the one day. We will be home Sunday so it should work out ok.


No comments: