Monday, January 18, 2016

Area 1F Champions!!!!!

1-18-16

I should have taken the day off.

I am (barely) operating on maybe 3 hours of decent sleep. I went to bed early last night and did get some solid sleep until about 11:30, at which point I woke up and remained restless until the alarm went off this morning. I know I drifted off a couple times, but only for short bursts and ultimately I actually felt a little ill when I drug myself out of bed. I considered just going out and sending an email indicating my status, but I opted to suck it up which is why I am here.

The good news is I am still feeling proud and elated at the amazing soccer from this weekend. Dax’s team is now the Area 1F BU10 champions! That means they are the best out of 92 teams. The outcome is fantastic, but the watching of the soccer itself was stressful. It’s a wonder I didn’t just pass out when I went to bed.

On Saturday’s game, we started slow, with it being 3-1 at the half. Dax was a mess, really struggling to not completely crumple with how frustrated he was. He was even the one responsible for the 1 we had but it didn’t result in his normal jubilation. He was also still reeling from his PK over the net which resulted in him falling to the ground in near anguish. It was awful to watch.

At half, I pulled him aside and talked him through it, having him do his Aang breathing. He was calming down and he went back out there, ready to play. The team has always been slow to start, and this was a match that clearly was one of those ones where they were even slower than normal. That being said, they turned that game around and by the end of the day, they had scored 7 more goals, didn’t allow any more to be scored on them and Dax walked off that field having scored himself a hat trick. It was truly an amazing game that had me so stressed I was actually glad it was over.

The first game Sunday was a tight match, back and forth action the whole time.  We were super concerned as we had heard it was a really great team, with one player in particular that was their superstar. He really was a good player, but for whatever reason, we were able to shut them down and we then were guaranteed a spot going to the Section playoffs in a month. If we won, yes, we would go, but there was a wild card spot available that would go to the other team as well. This was very cool to know.

That last game I was a wreck. I wondered if I should have taken a hit just to make it through the game. Jerry and Nicole came down, too, which is awesome. Dax scored twice, both awesome goals and we came out on top, leaving the Blue Pythons’ record still as undefeated. It was amazing!!!




Today I am just glad Trusty is out and most likely it will be a quiet day. Ken and the boys are coming for lunch which will be nice. I can show them off and then head home where I wish I could say would then be rest time, but really it means I will work on some chores before Bobby and I head out for our teeth cleaning. It will be Bobby’s first cleaning since his braces so that should be cool. When I get home Jimmy is coming by to pick up a check but then after that I can hopefully be changed into my sweats and relax a bit. Woo!

No comments: