Thursday, January 21, 2016

I know, I know

1-21-16

I am behind again.

In all fairness, the past day at work was a little more busy than expected and this morning I found myself in multiple conversations along with the task of finding a hotel for next weekend. Yeah, it’s been a little crazy, but then again, the day has flown by, which is awesome.

I managed to finish A Little Life this week, which was no easy task. When my mom told me she was practically crying days AFTER reading it, I was not looking forward to the waves of emotions it was likely to create. Sure enough, I was a total wreck after completion. I had read a lot of it at work, but opted to read the final 100 pages at home. This was a good idea since it would have been rather alarming for coworkers to come to my desk seeing me in that state. It was hard reading it at home, too, since I couldn’t see the words on the screen what with all the water works. Stupid feelings.

It has been a playful couple of days, what with Bobby’s two friends, Parker and Ian, coming by on a daily basis now. I didn’t let Bobby play on Tuesday as I ended up having to go pick him up from school early due to him complaining about stomach pains. He was better by the time they came over, but he also had been stuffy and coughing so I opted to not let him go. However, yesterday he had only a little homework so I encouraged the time spent. It actually was sweet since they also asked if Dax was coming to play, too. He was working on homework so I let him go play and had him finish his math when they were done since really, he doesn’t have gobs of free time on a weeknight so I should encourage this.

There is soccer practice this evening that I will be attending. Not sure if Ken will come along, but I know I had indicated I would be around to sign some checks so I suppose I should keep my commitment. I may or may not opt to walk to the park again. I haven’t decided. I would like to, but I will see how everything goes this afternoon.

I also need to get on Dax to work on his mission project, most likely even doing much of the work over this weekend. I figure I will have him do some of it tomorrow afternoon, then some Saturday evening, but I am hoping to do most of it Sunday. We have only next week and it is due the Wednesday after we get back from his mission, so truly the trip will not be spent working on it. Then again, I might be able to have him do some now that I think about it. We will have a lot of downtime once we are done with the mission. I have chosen a hotel with an indoor pool (it is supposed to be raining that weekend) so even though yes, they can swim much of the day away, I can steal an hour or two where he will work on that while Bobby reads. I have to assume that next week Dax is going to end up having 4 practices, what with two being Striker and two being Python, so evenings will be scarce.

I also signed up for the San Juan Capistrano trip. I am unsure if Ken is joining me or not. If he isn’t, I will go alone, which isn’t too bad. Now that I have been there, I think I will have an easier time and should not have any issues with getting lost.

Sadly, I can’t attend Dax’s LACMA trip. It falls on a day where I am doing reports for work, and it is truly one of the only days during the month I can’t miss work.

I still feel like my house needs some tending to when it comes to cleanup. The afternoons have been crazy so hopefully next week I can start to get back into routine. Sunday we will finally pack up the Christmas stuff. It is all down, but we need to really go through much of it and pack it up nicely. I am hoping that this in conjunction with putting away other boxes in the catio will result in some stress reducing good vibes. I am also looking into obtaining lockers for the catio, specifically for the boys to put their sports gear into. Dax currently has his soccer backpack (they both do) that is used 
constantly, but I would like it to be able to be placed into the locker when not in use. It would allow for me also to have less in the way of soccer clutter. Ken also was going to look into shortening the ball cage and we can hopefully move it into a better position in the downstairs. Now that there are more kids coming by the house, I would like that room to be able to accept company easier.


I have an hour left of work and I know it is going to drag on. Bleah. 

No comments: