Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Your presence is requested

1-13-16

Tonight I will use my mamarazzi skills to capture pictures of my husband.

Ken has asked me recently if I would come watch him play so I feel like it is the least I can do. Plus, Dax sometimes gets to play with them, so that would also be fun to watch him take on grownups. Normally I don’t go simply because the game is at 8 or sometimes 9. This is clearly way past my bedtime, and I like the idea of getting to go to bed sort of early on those nights since I let Bobby stay up until they get back and he gets time to play his video games in the living room. I promised I would go to the next 8 o’clock game and then I seemed to have lucked out this week with it being a 7 pm game, which is awesome! So I will be snapping photos and hopefully not cringing due to either of them getting hurt.

My plans last night changed when Alyssa was running a fever of 102. I assumed perhaps Sarah and I would just go, but it looks like now we will go Saturday night. I am a little concerned about Saturday what with it being a night I spend with my family and it will be after a long day of soccer, but it is only one night and it means I can stay out later and sleep in which is all good. Hell, if I wanted to I could have Ken take me and I know he wouldn’t mind coming and picking me up. That sounds appealing, so it might be pretty cool over all.

Not going to dinner last night meant I was able to go to practice. The best part was that Bobby and I explored the park. The adventure started as just trying to find suitable cement that he could drive his remote control car around. We hit up multiple locations, all with success. It was nice hanging out with him and to be perfectly honest, not having to sit and chit chat with parents. I like the parents on the team, but it isn’t always what I want to do during practice. We also got back in time that I could watch some of the scrimmage, which really is the best part of practice. Dax even had his goal set up during the practice, which I know he felt all proud of having.

This afternoon I have to decide between working on chores or perhaps just relaxing. Sadly, the only way I can relax is if the house is in order so it is possible I will be choring as opposed to resting. Then again, I may sit on my butt for a while and then while they work on homework I can tackle some of the more troublesome spots in the house.

I am frustrated that I don’t know the full details of what is going on in Bobby’s classroom for his Adventures in Art tomorrow. I would like to come help, but I don’t know if they already have enough people doing it. I truly should probably wait for the next one since this is so close to the holidays so it would be silly to work that half day now when I could use that time for a more significant time in the classroom. We shall see. If I can find the email address of the lady working it I can get more detail. That may be my task for this morning.


No comments: