Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Almost Show Time!

2-17-16

My computer seems to have been compromised.

Yep, my work machine doesn’t allow me to work in Excel right now. I am sure I have some kind of malware virus, which doesn’t shock me. I spend a lot of time searching for CEO and CFO email addresses of customers and I may have ventured onto the wrong site. This happened before so I recognize the signs. I have had to put in a SysAid, which essentially is my work ticket to get it fixed. Luckily I am in no great hurry right now. Next week it would be an issue, so hopefully they can get it correctly this week.

It appears that Benadryl and Tylenol will be our friends over these next few weeks. Dax conked out last night which was good. His morale also got a nice boost when he was able to practice a bit. Luckily, JJ understands Dax’s need to be active along with the idea that he can’t do all of the drills or the scrimmage. I didn’t go, since let’s face it, I would have been too nervous watching. But I knew Ken would adhere to my wishes on what I am ok and not ok with for him to do at practice. So really, it worked out fine. He came home very happy. He also has a cast full of adorable signatures, including his coach that says they need him back ASAP, which is super cute!

Ken will be picking up Andy this morning at the airport. He has his work convention this week so he will get checked in once they get there and then Ken and Andy will head back to Steve. The plan so far is that we will all go to Ken’s soccer games and after, Ken will either drive him back or loan him the PT.

I cleaned out the PT yesterday, which provided me with gobs of crap, most of which was nice to be able to toss. The boys had been asking me when I would move the little knick-knacks from Barnum to the new car (who remains nameless right now), but I think new car means new crap, so I will only put things in it as they pop up. I am not going to do the same things. I did put in my iPod player, but of course as soon as I did, Ken found a cord. Ha! Ultimately I will load music on it, but I just need to get said music in the correct format to do so. In the meantime, I am at least able to rock out to my soundtrack as opposed to the radio, which will be nice.

The home theater has been mostly set up. The sound and Blueray player are temporary in the idea that they are the ones from the living room, but we want it functional for Saturday. Eventually we will get an actual stereo down there for movies all the time. With the blackout shades we have, it really is dark and awesome down there. I am anxious to see how it all goes. It will be fun to have space to watch movies down there.

I still will need to do some housework on Friday/Saturday afternoon to prep, but mostly we are ready. We will do the Costco run on Friday afternoon to get chips and cake along with heading to Dollar Tree for balloons. Of course, Bobby said it doesn’t matter much what the place looks like. He pointed out that he has friends whether or not he has a clean house, which is truly very deep for my almost 11 year old. I am quite proud!


No comments: