Monday, February 22, 2016

Oh Mondays, will you ever cease to be annoying?

2-22-16

This week will be challenging.

Dax is clearly suffering from more depression when it comes to the games he is missing. Yesterday it was hitting him wrong, and it wasn’t even an important match. I didn’t have him truly watch the game (which was for the best what with it being 9-1 against us with horrid calls and issues galore) and was thankful Aiden from the Pythons happened to be there (It was a Striker’s match) so they passed back and forth. The one shining light for the game was that during half time, when of course Dax took full advantage of the open net, the other team sat and watched Dax’s kicks on goal. They were slack jawed, occasionally saying things like, I couldn’t do that one armed! They truly looked awed at his skill, which made me very proud. He didn’t even know they were doing this and he was quite pleased when we told him.

This weekend is the big Section Playoffs that truly would be something Dax would help his team tremendously. Instead, he will sit with us, cheering them on. There are three games, and most likely we will miss some of the second game to go celebrate Grammie and Bobby’s birthdays at Farrell’s. I have gone back and forth in my head on this one, feeling bad to not see every last second, but ultimately, as much as it is important to be part of the team wholly, it is also important for me to be good to my family. Bobby needs this outing as it has been tough on him with all this attention given to Dax. It has been hard on Dax to not play, so he needs some big ole fancy ice cream dish in the middle of the day. I don’t think anyone will fault us, and if they do, I need to just not worry. This kid has been at every practice and game since his injury with as much of a smile as he can muster. One game isn’t going to make or break that commitment.

I also have decided Dax is not allowed to skate on Saturday. I watched him jumping around yesterday and he fell several times (He doesn’t know how to do half assed when it comes to soccer). He was fine, I however was far from it. I know he will most likely be fine, but I honestly just can’t allow him to put himself in danger like that. I have seen him be careful with some things. Saturday night he opted to not dance much for fear he would bump into other kids. Hopefully a promise of skating later once he gets well will make up for things. I also know that we will go to skating. I can’t take this away from Bobby. We will rush back, after the last game to get us there with time for Bobby to get on the ice. I am starting to realize how many tears will be shed, and trust me that I am already hydrating.

Bobby’s birthday party was a huge hit. He had an amazing turnout, and made out like a bandit when it came to gifts. Ian, Parker, Joey, Matthew, Nick, Obed, Izzy, and Jake were there. There also was Joey and Matthew’s cousin, which was a last minute thing that I think I made good mom points with MegaBitch (Who will hence force be known as Cheri unless she does something else). She was shockingly nice and pleasant and had her 9 year old nephew with her when dropping off the twins. He looked sad that he wasn’t staying so I told them that he was more than welcome to stay. She looked truly shocked, but pleased. I think all of the parents were grateful we had no issue taking on all the kids at our house for the evening. I had lovely conversations with many of them and was so happy when I heard things like that Nick loved the party so much that he wished he could have spent the night. Yay!
The aftermath

Dance!

Cake time


The gang

They “watched” the movie. Many of the kids clearly wanted to watch, but Dylan in particular seemed rambunctious and wild, getting Joey and Matthew all riled up in the mix. Not that they were bad. They just were more interested in the toys and specifically the swords and other various “weapons” we have down there. We mostly let mob mentality rule, only stepping in if they were becoming too rowdy which was becoming destructive.

After the movie, they did a little dancing, and then they played a few games that Izzy made up which were awesome. As the only girl, she holds her own. I have always been impressed with her and am very glad she and Bobby have been close since they both started at the school.






Bobby also busted out his Bean Boozled, which was a huge hit. I may need to look up more for him since they not only loved the game, so does he. I had no idea eating grody jelly beans was such a fun activity. Needless to say, I had multiple spit up candies in my sink. Ha!

On Sunday, we had one nice, and mostly relaxing family outing. It had nothing to do with soccer, and despite a small minor meltdown in the beginning, we all were laughing and had a blast. I had seen in the paper that the botanical gardens in Palos Verdes had a Lego exhibit, so we stopped by there on the way home from the game. It was a nice little hike through the grounds looking for the handful of large Lego statues. I had never been to these gardens before. It turned out to be a nice little hike!



I didn’t realize you could sleep on your finger wrong, but it is the only explanation I have right now. My right middle finger feels very sore. I truly haven’t been using it excessively as far as I can remember!


I am hopeful for a pleasant afternoon. We have homework and then I will let Bobby play one of his new games on the projector. Dax wants to go to the soccer shop down the way, so I figure he and I can do that while Bobby plays. Dax is looking for more of his soccer trading cards and I figure that is a perfect way to allow both kids some fun. Now to just make it through work. 

No comments: