Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dreaming of sleep

2-18-16

Sleep. I really want to sleep.

The amount of activity coupled with responsibilities and upcoming events has taken its toll on me. I feel exhausted this morning.  I also know last night sleep didn’t come as easily as it should have. Luckily I think that this afternoon can in fact be incredibly mellow. Dax will have practice, but I am a little concerned about him going what with the wet ground, which will be slippery and even the slightest precipitation that could be out there isn’t good for his cast. Either way, I plan on staying home.

My home time also will be good this evening as I have a new dinner creation I want to try. I had seen online this recipe in which you are making a grilled cheese sandwich, but it is with mozzarella, some pizza sauce and pepperoni. Dude.  I am adding another element with the bread being garlic toast. I figure I will prep the sandwiches and cook in the oven, so a little less frying, but still baked goodness. I am very excited that this will be a fun new meal.

We got to visit with Andy yesterday. He hung out with Ken much of the day, going to the grocery store (where they also bumped into Mrs. Fasheh!) and just sitting around, working on their respective homework at Steve. I got home normal time and we all chatted and waited for the boys to arrive home.

After homework, we went to dinner at Lazy Dog where we got to have multiple mini power outages, which was very funny. We also continued our new activity of playing a version of Pictionary. It has been super enjoyable giving each boy a word or concept that they then would draw to have us guess what it is. I have been feeding words to Dax which have included a giraffe playing golf or pig astronaut. Ken went a slightly more traditional route, but still with a lot of laughing from everyone. Andy took turns, too, drawing things for us to guess which the boys enjoyed a great deal.

Ken had multiple soccer games, so we went and watched those. The boys were able to find empty fields and could kick the ball a bunch. Andy and I looked through a bunch of pictures he had scanned in, which were fun. I didn’t realize how many he had that were from my high school days, which was fun. Ken must have taken a bunch of pictures back in the day that ended up in Brenan boxes which then in turn ended up in groups Andy had scanned. I am anxious for the drive he is putting them on so I can access them. I can tell you it will be a lot of fun for me!

I am a little nervous at the lack of response for Bobby’s party. I know Nick is coming, but no one else has responded. I may send a text today to Ian’s mom, but other than that, I really don’t have a lot of contact info. I also remember so many parties in the past where people just don’t RSVP, so who knows what will happen. I worry the invites were too late. I worry none of the kids want to just watch a movie. I worry that we just happened to pick a crappy day to have it and that many are busy. I hate this waiting.

Both of the boys are receiving awards tomorrow at the weekly assembly. Both are getting the Character Award, which is really quite awesome. I am betting Dax was rewarded for being such a trooper with his arm. Bobby is well liked by his teacher and I am betting that him being involved as a room rep also helped him. I am super proud of both of them and quite grateful that Ken will be able to go to the assembly to take pictures of them. Plus, he can cheer loudly on my behalf. Of course, I would be quite thrilled to be there since then I could just go home after and work on party supplies and take a long nap. Ha!


No comments: