Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Windy weather

2-2-16

Stupid wind storms.

Ok, my selfish side is pleased. It means I don’t have to rush the boys as much on homework. Now the guilt seeps in as I realize what I typed. Now back to nice mom time. Wilson Park is closed indefinitely due to the crazy wind we got over the weekend. Trees were uprooted and lights fell over and really the park is a mess. I totally understand why they closed it. Sadly, this means no practice there. There is talk that it will be closed for 2 weeks. Ken went by the park and thinks it will not be that bad, but one never knows. It means we really need to find a place to practice. Hull is still available, but it does mean we need to start earlier since it gets dark. I know that the Region is looking for ideas. I would love it if we could maybe as a team rent one of the fields where Ken plays and just use it for a night or two. It is a different style of soccer, much faster, which if anything would be great for training purposes, especially for the Strikers. Either way, it will suck for Dax who loves his practice time. I may take him up to Sur La Brea or something like that today so he gets some time.

We finished Dax’s mission report last night and it will be turned in today. I worry we missed something, but I think it should be ok. I put in all the pictures we took and it looks nice in its folder (which is something I also worry is wrong because it doesn’t have a clear front). Hopefully it is good enough.

I spent my afternoon and evening working on the clutter cleanup of the house. I also got through most of the laundry which is good. It means the rest of the week I can do scrubbing on certain parts of the house. I want to mop/steam the kitchen floor. I actually want to do that to the bathroom floors too. I may make Wednesday my Cinderelly day and get on my hands and knees to do those floors. I also need to sweep and possibly do a polish on the wood. I am not trying to make the place perfect, but if there will be people over I feel like it should at least be better than normal.

I am giddy with anticipation as Trusty will be out of the office for a week! He is out next Thursday and doesn’t come back until the following Friday. I am crossing my fingers he doesn’t even come in that Friday, because seriously, who does that? Either way, it will be nice. He is traveling to some of our foreign customers, which also means he won’t be communicating with us as much. Woo!

At the very least, I think this afternoon Bobby and I will walk up to the library. I need to return my book (which I never got a chance to read). Plus, I want to see if they have the books he has been reading recently. So the outing has multiple good things. Dax may even join us. I could tell him to bring a ball and we can stop at Junior High Hull (it doesn’t get old) and let him kick the ball a bit. We shall see how the day progresses.

I was just told by one of the people I back up that they are taking a few days off at the end of March. On one hand, I am glad she told me. On the other hand, I don’t like the idea that part of why she has to tell me is that for some reason I can’t take those same days off. Her job, although not saying isn’t important at all, is certainly not something where she is crucial if no one does her work for a day or even two. It is this “rush” culture here at work that drives me nuts. And of course I feel bad that I have this desire to call out on those days or even that I find myself so annoyed with the process. She isn’t the person doing this. She is being very cool letting me know. Of course, I also feel like she was asking my permission, which I think is a bad way to run this place. I could be a real brat and tell her I am out that week despite this not being the case. I will actually be in the office, and it doesn’t look like I have any need to be out those days at all, but it cracks me up how I automatically become defensive with anything concerning the backup system in place here.

I probably get too worked up at the sheer stupidity of folks here at work. I feel like maybe I should let more things go. I know I let go so much as it is, but really, sometimes their lack of common sense shocks me. It makes me question how we have ever turned a profit. But I think it is my best interest to just accept that they are not willing to make things better.




No comments: