Thursday, May 7, 2009

dreams

5-7-09

Clearly I needed sleep.

At about 6:15 yesterday morning, after having coughed up gobs of flem, I determined that I was spent. I finished up some projects and walked out the door a little before 7, determined to get some rest. Ken made me crawl into bed, and there, I drifted in and out of sleep from 7 to 9, finally falling sound asleep until about 11:30.

In that time I got up at least once. Ok, not really, but I was sure I had. I thought I heard the boys in the living room, which was impossible since Ken had already taken them to Maria’a and had already left. So I went out there and they were sitting on the couch. I was confused, and then looked out the front window to see Ken’s pickup on the lawn, and him directed the ambulance towards Maria’s house. I assumed then that they had called him to tell him there was an emergency and that we needed to pick up the boys. I was in shock and freaked out, until I opened my eyes and realized I was actually in bed. It was crazy. I was sure I had been a part of this craziness.

This was just one of many crazy dreams I had. Tuesday night I had a dream that was odd on every level. I wish I had written it down yesterday, since I am fuzzy on some details now. Let’s just say a lot of it was at what used to be Mira Costa. I know that I was at a bar there that was this swanky lounge place that was deserted aside from a couple folks playing pool. Ken and I went and sat with our friends, numerous faces in my life, old and new. We all were dressed to the nines in full 40’s gear. It looked like some gangster flick.

I sat over by Conner, and he and I began to talk. I seem to recall telling him a long story, which he seemed riveted by. Brandy came over and interrupted, which annoyed me, but I wasn’t as upset as Conner was. Conner yelled at her, and she left quite upset. We all left the bar not long after.

There was a lot of people in this gym there, all watching some presentation. The guy talking shot a gun into the crowd. I remember hearing the shots, and I didn’t move. I looked around, and it appeared that he was actually shooting blanks at us as part of this show. He left, but then a few minutes later, it was discovered that someone had been shot. Then another person, and another. I didn’t know them, yet I did.

I was then outside the campus, trying to figure out how to get to the gym. I was near some little liquor store, and I was concerned someone there would wonder what I was doing. I headed through the gates and got to the gym. It was in total lock down, with new fences put up around it to keep out the people looking. I crawled under, and there I discovered several people, all of whom were there for the same reason. We had to see the place where the people were killed. We had to understand. We never made it all the way in, but at one point I came across this giant rectangular cement above ground tank filled with water. When I looked inside, there were several coffins, all floating, with names on each coffin of the people that were killed. The whole feel was like it had been 20 years since the incident and that this had all been abandoned. I know one coffin that caught my eye had a picture of this young woman on it. I found myself horribly upset since I knew who she was, but I can tell you now, I don’t remember the picture or if it was really anyone I actually knew.

My brain must be on overdrive. My dream last night was horrible. I dreamed that somehow Dax wasn’t really my kid. Like there was some mix up at the hospital and these people came to take him away from me. It was so upsetting, I know I woke up crying. I may need to get out of my head.

Other than my freaky dreams, I am ok today. I am still coughing a bit, but it is less than yesterday, so I may be in the clear. Although, Dax was coughing yesterday, so I would imagine it is his turn now.

I am decently busy today at work. Going though my aging and hopefully getting some accounts paid. The rumor still stands that some folks are gone tomorrow, mostly sales, but who knows. Last time it hit us out of the blue on Thursday, so I am a little nervous this morning. Hopefully my aging will keep my mind off of it.

An observation. Girls are annoying. Me included. I just overheard a coworker calling the IT guy with the cutesy sweet whining voice of damsel in distress because her computer doesn’t work. Look, I know I do it too when I really need something, but does it really work enough to warrant looking like that?

Burger King is trying to drive me away. I am annoyed with their hours, and the King guy, but then the commercial that was on last night had a tie in with Star Trek, and had King-ons. Good god.

And, the commercial I saw for the throwback Pepsi with the crazy imagery claiming it is a promotion where Pepsi is made with “real sugar” had me ask too thing. One, what the hell kind of sugar were you using before? And, is “real sugar” code for LSD?

We might be going to Legoland for Thanksgiving. Papa Brenan called about some time share thing he has in Newport Beach, and wanted to see if Ken, the boys and I wanted to come down that weekend so they could spend some time with the boys. Excellent idea, since I don’t think they spend enough time with them. However, change of plans, where apparently the availability isn’t in Oct as they thought, but actually Thanksgiving weekend. So basically, we could do turkey day there, and Andy and Scott could come and we can go to Legoland. The thoughts have varied. One was to go on that Friday, but Papa Brenan was thinking on the actual day. I am torn. On one hand, I have to admit, I would kind of miss the Thanksgiving feast. However, it isn’t like I can’t make a turkey just because. I also do like the idea of going to the park when it isn’t crowded. So that is a plus. So we will see. It was also suggested that my folks come for turkey day with them, but who knows if my mom will go for that. They are no longer doing Thanksgiving at their place, so who knows, it may be an excellent opportunity to thumb their noses at the family and come with me. We will see.

Ok, freaky. I am chewing some doublmint gum. I don’t normally. So I go to take a swig of water, and it is like the coldest water I have ever put in my mouth and it actually hurts. The gum has caused the water to taste that cold?? Holy crap!

No comments: