Tuesday, May 5, 2009

strawberries

5-5-09

Ken cleaned the house for me yesterday. He picked up a ton of clutter, did the dishes and even cleaned the boys’ rooms, including making their beds. It pretty much allowed me to be lazy when I got home.

The boys and I watched Big Top Pee Wee, which has a scene that a horse is making pancakes. This inspired us to make pancakes for dinner. I even added chocolate chips. Yum! They both wolfed them down.

After dinner, we went outside to pick up the toys from the weekend. With the gardener coming today, we wanted to make sure nothing got run over with the lawn mower. The boys picked up toys, Ken cleaned up some cardboard, I emptied the dog’s pool, and between all of our efforts, we got the yard back in order.

Ken also worked on one of the broken sprinklers, which meant we had them on. Bobby desperately wanted to play in them. We had gone in to get them in jammies when it was pointed out that they couldn’t really skip the bath. So Bobby proposes that if he gets naked, he can run in the sprinklers. We figure, what the hell, right? So we had two naked boys, sprinting around the yard in the sprinklers before they took their bath. They had so much fun!

I planned on going to bed early, but with the boys going to bed a little later than normal, and me uploading pics, we didn’t head to the bedroom until 9:30. The NyQuil seemed to get me to sleep, but Dax got up in the middle of the night. I heard him open the door and come in. He spoke softly, “Hey guys, I need some more milk.” I assumed Ken would get up, but he didn’t. I was too zoned to move. He asked 3 more times, until finally he whined a bit to wake Ken up. I felt bad, but I honestly couldn’t move.

I woke up strangely. I had been dreaming. I remember being at my folk’s house, and there was an earthquake. So there was this crowd of us that needed to gather all of the strawberries that were all around the house as it sunk into the ground. Dr. Cox was there. We also were packing up sushi. He was giving me a hard time for not liking it. The ones we were putting in this box were small, and had little Hello Kitty stickers on them. I pointed out that I could eat those since were small, so they were probably not as soggy. Dr. Cox laughed, and I am pretty sure we were flirting at this point. Then my mom comes up, all annoyed and asks me if I have finished packing. I had not, so she sent me on my way. Then the alarm went off and I almost went back to sleep since I actually thought is was an earthquake alarm.

Speaking of earthquakes, so we felt the one on Friday that happened around 6. We were at my parent’s house, and it was a pretty good sized jolt. I was a little spooked, but not as bad as normal. My dad was shocked to only just discover that I was afraid of earthquakes. What the hell? How did he not know this? Over the last few months, I have found out that my parents don’t always know a lot of things about me. Things that I assumed most people knew about me. Maybe I am assuming that they read all those MySpace surveys I did. Shoot, my dad didn’t think I wanted kids! He also told me he never thought of me as maternal, and didn’t expect me to be a good mom. I should be bitter, but I am not since he said that I proved him wrong, so I can run with that.

Another day of trying to stay awake. Even though I can be super busy, I just want to curl up and sleep. My eyes have a hard time staying open. I told Ken that I was going to need to check into the hospital with the celebrity illness of exhaustion and dehydration. Of course, I don’t even know what it is like to be dehydrated being that I am constantly drinking water at work. So I may need to fake that part. If I can make it to Memorial Day weekend, I have a three day weekend, and that Wednesday off for furlough. Although, I am totally considering bailing one day this week to sleep. I just have to figure out when. Since I have heard there are layoffs brewing, I don’t want to do it that day. Maybe tomorrow?

Kevin and Bean live show today. It is at a bar, so really, we can’t go since the boys can’t get in. Plus, most of the folks there are there to drink. No reason to take up their spot since it is supposed to be a party.

I got busy and my day now stands at 11:30. YAY! Of course, I realize I just jinxed myself to have a long afternoon. Oh well. Bobby is at work with Ken, so I am unsure as to if I am picking him up somewhere, or if he will not go with us to my folks’ house. Not a huge deal either way. If he doesn’t go, he will live. It just means Dax will get all the attention. My plan is to work out, no matter how tough it is. Even if all I do is the yoga stuff. The other plan is to go to bed early, but I don’t see it happening. If only because I want to watch AI!

No comments: