Thursday, November 5, 2009

Awesome Thursday

11-5-09

I have gobs of work today, but I thought I would take a moment to do a quick journal.

Not much going on. I feel like for the first time in a while I slept really well. It may have helped that I think the boys slept pretty well.

We didn’t go on a walk last night. Ken was working on FLL stuff, so the boys and I played in the yard. Wasn’t as satisfying as the walk, but it worked. I of course felt the need to take gobs of pictures since we all know I don’t photograph the children enough.

The boys tried to complain about dinner, which resulted in me basically ignoring them at the table. Eventually, when their complaints were clearly not being heard, they actually ate and were quite pleasant. So this is my new game plan. No forcing, just letting them see that this is dinner, and if they don’t like it, I don’t care.

Ken has some kind of science fair he has to be at tonight between 6 and 8. I am hoping to take the boys, but it all depends on their moods. They both want to wear their costumes, so we may do this in costume, and possibly stop by my parent’s house to “trick or treat” just for kicks.

Speaking of costumes, Build A Bear must have heard Bobby and I talking. So recently, we got a dragon costume for Luna. The boys insisted, and since it was only a couple bucks, what the hell, right? Lucky for Miss Luna, the costume was way too small. Lucky for Mr. Dax, it actually fir perfectly on his Bolt doll. You would have thought I got him a real live Bolt he was so thrilled with this development. So Bobby tells me he wants a costume for Bobo, the friend of the last couple months that he has been hooked on. Since he is a standard sized bear, I figured we could probably find something for him at Build a Bear. So yesterday, I get my normal Build A Bear coupon book and catalog, when what do my eyes see? Star Wars costumes for the bears. Darth Vader, jedi stuff, all kinds of cool. But what was the coolest was a clone costume, that happened to match the clone costumes the boys just got. No joke. I was thrilled. It means I need to get down there (they are in stock the 15th) to get some costumes for the boys. Woo hoo!

If that wasn’t enough, their Christmas animal is Frosty from the old claymation Frosty cartoon that Bobby was obsessed with last year. I showed it to him and he was thrilled. I see a build a bear afternoon in our future.

I just set up the two main games I play on Facebook up so I don’t have to play them for like a full day. I am trying to get away from being on the computer too much in the evenings. I can’t walk away completely, but I can at least slow down the use. It’s all about moderation.

I am rockin the super bra today. Man, I have some massive cans. The structure of this bra seems quite good, and it is shockingly comfortable considering how it is totally man-handling my boobs. The dress I am wearing with it seems happy with the better breast configuration. I have noticed that the new bras are not has happy with my phone placement. Since they are tighter and positioned differently, the phone doesn’t fit as easily in there. It actually even sticks out a little bit. Now, I don’t mind my phone being seen. It is kind of like a high tech brooch. The problem is that my phone isn’t pretty! It is in a little black sleeve that makes it look kind of dumpy. I think that if I maybe invest in some accessories, the phone will look pretty cool if it has to stick out.

How am I supposed to explain to someone how to get a better self esteem when I have a crappy one? In all fairness, mine is way better than it used to be. I take risks despite being a giant cow. I know my hair is awesome, my eyes are gorgeous and in the right pants, my ass is pretty damn good. Oh, and the ladies aren’t half bad, either. LOL! But that being said, I do feel gross at times. But why is that? Is it something someone said or something they didn’t say? Is it just because a mirror failed me? Or is it some kind of hormone thing? I guess if I knew all these things, I would be rich. I would be even richer if I could figure out how to not make it happen.

No comments: