Friday, November 13, 2009

Is it time to go home yet?

11-13-09

I have not been so happy for it to be a Friday in a while. This week seems to have been way too long! It might have something to do with the fact that I am anxious for Thanksgiving, but also, just this week has been tiring.

My evening was pretty mellow. In the afternoon, we started to clean Bobby’s room. I told the boys that since Christmas was coming that we needed to make room for new toys. I told them we also should give the nice toys that they do have and don’t play with to kids who don’t have anything. They both seemed very jazzed about this and I was impressed with how many things they wanted to put into the trash bag.

Even with a lot of the stuff tossed, they really do need another toy bin. Specifically because we were trying to organize, and there are way more categories than the small amount of space we have. We will need to pick up another set for each of them. It will also make it easier to clean their rooms so they don’t have to figure out how to wedge everything in the small bins.

The boys got into a pretty gnarly fight. They were in Dax’s room. Bobby got bossy and grabbed a toy from Dax. They were supposed to be in there cleaning, so Bobby was yelling at Dax for playing. Dax was not having it and lunged at Bobby. In a scene that looked similar to the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy slaps the Cowardly Lion’s nose, Bobby smacked Dax in the face. I was watching this on the monitor and I ran in. I went back and reviewed the tape and saw how many more hits were exchanged. I am glad I punished both even though I had not done the instant replay yet. Man, that monitor has been great. I may need to show the boys what they look like when they hit. It might make them see how it is bad.

Bobby needs to get assertive. Luna sees that she can bully him and he doesn’t know what to do. Luna has practically stopped her jumping up and chewing on me, Ken and Dax. Bobby just seems weak. Not a big deal, but I am hoping to show him better this weekend on how to deal with the rambunctious puppy. When she jumps up on him on the couch, he kicks her off with his foot. Not hard, and really, Luna just thinks he is playing. When I am there, all I have to do is growl at her once, even from across the room, and she promptly stops messing with him. So I need to teach him a good growl. Should be entertaining.

It is a boring day so far.

We have been doing Friday night dinners out, but I think that tonight it might be fun to do dinner in. I am thinking that we need to get the movie Up, let the boys eat what they want (which will be sandwiches) and we can all get cozy in the living room in jammies and eat and watch the movie. I will tell Ken to go by and get Up on his way home from his class. I will take the boys to my folks for them to run around and play robot, and then when we get home, we can get all comfy. I think it sounds grand. I will pick up Taco Bell for Ken and I since that is nice and easy. Yay!

Does a peanut that has three nuts in it on Friday the 13th kind of just fuck with all superstition and make it come to a halt?

Seriously, I am so bored! I am going through accounts, calling people, but I am just not feeling it. I just want to do something! I don’t even know that sitting around on the net or watching tv is what I need. I need conversation. I need people contact. I think sitting by myself for 8 hours a day is finally getting to me. Sure, I email during the day, too, but I don’t know that it is the same. Plus, not everyone can email as much as I can in a day. LOL! Well, it is almost lunch, so I will try to download a bunch to read and maybe even put in some music so I can sing along in my head.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Bryce and Austin used to have that very same fight when it came to cleaning their room. With the same age/instigation dynamic, too.