Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can, open. Worms, everywhere!

11-11-09

Ken and I worked on the house yesterday. We got a significantly later start than I would have hoped, but it still was ok. We had several errands which included a bank run and IKEA in order to obtain under the bed boxes. I need to go back to IKEA as I ended up using the shelving Ken got for our desk for a new shelf. LOL!

I managed to box up all of the books on the bookshelf. I put the books we love the most in our little shelf in our room, with room to spare, and put the rest under the bed. They are not the best boxes in the world, but they are serving their purpose. I am happy.

It allowed us to get rid of one bookshelf. The stuff remaining appears to be some things that go into the attic, a couple of closet items that will be put away once the closet is cleaned out, which is one of the many projects being worked on. But even though we have only reduced it by one instead of two, I am telling you it already looks so much better.

Ken is still working on some Lego organization, which still is in the entry way, but it is what it is.

In the living room, my stolen shelf pieces created a new wing of the entertainment unit under a different new shelf we also got. The little shelf now is the home of Ken’s spiders. The shelf below is where the fish and lizard now live. It also gives us a spot for a basket for Luna once she is trained. It actually brings the living room together, which I am happy about. The whole living room is happier. We moved the cat tree in there, so truly, all animals, people included, have a happy place in that room.

Ken also worked on part of the bathroom. It will get the coat of paint it has needed this morning. Then, this weekend we can put in the flooring. Yay!

The boys have Veteran’s Day off from daycare, and Ken has the day off as well. So his plan right now is to take them to the zoo, which rocks. It will be good for them all to get out and have a nice boy day. I am a little jealous they get to go play, but I am super thrilled at the father/sons bonding time.

Our bedroom is needing some more organization, but it is getting there. I have some pictures and other keepsakes that need to go in the cedar chest there. This will clear up a lot of stuff. I also need to organize the dresser top which seriously, has way too many pills and vitamins on it. Mind you, we don’t even take most of the stuff up there. It is just the place where all medication seems to migrate to. We have the kids’ Tylenol, pain meds, cold meds, Ken’s pills, vitamins, eye drops, etc. I figure I can clear all that out pretty easily.

I also have a “junk” drawer being used in the dresser. I should go through that. Some of it may be keepsake stuff. Much of it is probably trash, or stuff that should be trash. LOL!

I also am considering re-doing the mantel. It is currently a shrine to, well, Ken and I, the boys, and dead animals in our lives. Not sure that much stuff is needed there. I would like it to be more clean and less cluttered looking.

I made the best dinner last night. We did a pot roast that was in the crock pot all day. We did it in onion soup. When it was done, I put some cheese on it and let it melt into it in the oven. Holy crap, so good!

It turns out, I rock. I had taken on this new project at work, when in reality it isn’t something I needed to do. Now, the whole thing has been given to me to run and people are happy it is me doing it. So yay me!


Holy hell! It has been quite the morning. I feel like some kind of ball busting auditor this morning. I have come across, hmm, let’s see, as of 5 minutes ago, 5 different procedures and operations that are not being done correctly or efficiently. I also have called everyone and their mother out on the matters. I am not in charge of one of these items, but I am sure that at least 2 more will fall on my desk by the end of the day. Fun city.

Ken is at the zoo with the boys. Super fun! He is taking them to McDonalds for lunch to finish off the whole wearing them out process. I would imagine when I get home at 2:30, they will be sound asleep.

No comments: