Monday, November 16, 2009

Only 10 more days till Disneyland!!!

11-16-09

I am not nearly as tired as I would have expected to be this morning. I went to bed super late last night, and woke up earlier than I would have wanted. But I must still have a bit of a boost from sleeping in for a couple hours on Saturday. Woo!

It was a pretty good weekend. Friday afternoon, we went to my folks, and the boys got to play with their robot costumes. That was awesome. They were made out of grocery bags, duct tape and dryer vent things. Dax was less thrilled, but Bobby loved it.

Friday night, we didn’t go out for dinner, but we did have the cozy dinner. While on our way home from my folks’, Ken pulled out the bed on the couch and got it all set up. He made the boys sandwiches and we all curled up on the bed together and watched Up. We even had popcorn! It was way fun. Stupid movie still made me cry, though.

Saturday, Ken had a tournament much of the morning and early afternoon. This left the boys and I. I told the boys they needed to clean their rooms. I had just organized the toy drawers in Bobby’s room on Thursday, and on Saturday morning, the boys felt the need to dump them all out again. Sigh. So I told them we could not do anything until they cleaned it all up. I refused to help. It took them 2 and a half hours. They never complained. Hell, I was the only one complaining. I hated the idea of them inside on such a beautiful day, but I also didn’t want to let them off the hook. I had to come in there a lot to tell them to stop playing and to actually clean.

On the plus side, with them in the house, I was more free to move about the house myself and get the house cleaned up. I did most of the laundry, cleaned my desk, cleaned Ken’s desk, cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and even some of our bedroom. It was good! I felt very productive.

I put the boys down for nap time, which they never actually slept. This is one of the other reasons I like them to play outside. It gets out that energy so they sleep. I tried to watch a movie, but since they never settled, it was hard to.

We got up and I sent the boys outside. They love being out there, and the dogs love it, too. I like it because I can still work on laundry and hear them. It is a win win for everyone!

Ken got home way earlier than expected. I had suggested for him to do a couple things where he would be able to go out that night, but nothing really panned out as I had thought. It was ok, though. We hung out and had a nice evening.

I really didn’t want to go to bowling. Mostly because I wanted to sleep in. But we went since we determined we would not be going bowling with my parents for a couple weeks, so we might as well go this week. Bowling was fine. Matt was grumpy very quickly in. I think he started off being pissy. Ken and I decided in the car to play the ignore card. Thankfully we did since Matt opted to fight with my parents and not us. I did manage to piss him off at the very end, which tickled me. I know, bad Gena, but come on! It was funny! And with good reason. I have pretty much told him he is no longer allowed to take the boys when he walks up to pay and talk to this chick that for some reason adores him. I don’t care for her as she is one of the idiot people down there that gives me a hard time for the boys having long hair. But the thing is, Matt can’t be trusted. He bailed on Bobby that time, which has truly shaken his confidence. Look, neither boy even wants to hold Matt’s hand when anyone else is standing near by. So I told Matt that he can walk with me and the boys, or he just has to go on by himself if he doesn’t want to wait. On Sunday, as he is getting ready to walk off, he starts calling to the boys. Mind you, not by name. He barked at them more like they were dogs. Both boys were not having it, and I finally told Matt no. He flipped out. He stormed off, not of course after telling me to fuck off. Awesome. Yeah, and I really want you with my kids when no one else is around.

While the boys napped on Sunday, I had hoped to watch a movie. Luna had other ideas. She was so insistent on getting up on the boys’ table to lick whatever month old sticky was still there. It was super frustrating. She is odd in her food frenzy. Ok, probably not odd to most dog owners, but we have become spoiled with Lycos who never freaks out about food. She likes it, but she doesn’t do the whole drama thing if food is 1 minute late. Luna seems hungry constantly. We worry we are not feeding her enough, which of course is probably not the case. I am hoping to take her to the vet this week to get her shots and maybe ask about that.

After nap, we spoiled the boys with Build A Bear. I had known about the clone costumes and Darth Vader costumes they had available starting yesterday. So we took Bo Bo and Jo Jo down to get them their very own clone costumes. Since we needed Darth Vader (Bobby’s words, not mine), Ken opted to make his very own bear with a Darth Vader costume. His bear is Mo Mo. Awesome! The boys loved it, and Ken even managed to get me a $10 gift card, so it means I can go back. They wanted the Scarecrow costume, Tin Man and Lion costumes. Bobby even told me last night we needed to have a costume party, so I see giant party with bears, elephants and dogs coming soon.

Bobby was having some issues last night. He decided he was scared of ghosts. Ok, no biggie normally since we just tell him Bo Bo and his other friends can protect him, right? Nope. He dropped this bomb shell with Ken. He pointed out that Bo Bo isn’t real, so he can’t help him. Crap. So Ken told him ghosts and monsters are not real, so it should not matter. The problem, I had told him about a ghost. Crap. When we were out on the swings at one point, the one swing was swinging on its own. So I said that it was a ghost swinging. This was a fleeting comment months ago. They thought it was funny. The problem? It now was no longer funny. Ken got him calmed down a bit until the evils of the flying world decided to take their revenge on Bobby. Yes, that’s right, a freaking moth decided to scare the shit out of the kid. See, I told you those are bad! Bobby didn’t fall asleep until almost 10. We had Lycos in there, which I think helped. It also helped that he was tired, but I worry about tonight. It is tough on the kid, since then he doesn’t get enough sleep. Not good.

We stayed up and watched Parenthood. I have seen it a million times, but Ken had only seen it once or twice. It is amazing how much more you appreciate some of the humor as you get older, and let’s face it, when you have kids a lot of the stuff was more relatable. We watched it since it was pointed out that the young kid of Steve Martin’s character was so Dax, what with his bonking things with his head. And the older boy, Kevin, was so Bobby in his super sensitive and sweet nature. We were not disappointed.

Ken and I had a good weekend in terms of us. I don’t know what it was, but it just felt like we clicked more than even normal. Always a good thing. Especially amazing since I get surly so much.

This coming weekend sounds super busy. I have the birthday party for a one year old in the afternoon on Saturday, the party that night, which means leaving the boys with my parents. And Sunday morning is bowling with the boys. Yes, they get to bowl! Woo hoo! Saturday night will be rough. Bobby gets so upset being left. On the plus side, I told him that they could take their clone costumes (people and bear) so that they could play clone with my parents. Ken even told them to take Mo Mo so that they had Darth Vader, too. I will bring a couple movies to hopefully allow them to be settled. My parents are leaving the next morning to go to Laughlin, so I had to get in their way. On the plus side, my parents are like me in that we get ready like 3 weeks early for a 2 day trip. LOL! I think that bowling that next morning will be fun, and maybe we will do Denny’s afterwards or something. If Bobby has enough patience to do it, my mom said that realistically he could start bowling with us on Sundays. We would start with him only doing the last game, but soon I would imagine he could do the whole thing. Dax doesn’t seem to care as much, so he won’t bowl yet. And if he wants to, both my mom and I said he could just bowl on our frames. Really, the people who will get annoyed is Freddie, Matt and maybe my dad on it being slower. But Ken, my mom and I don’t care. So we will see. Bobby does play the bowling game on Wii for the entire hour he is at my parents’ house, and bowls 192’s! He will so be frustrated when he doesn’t do as well.

My dad and I are were having way too much fun at bowling. There were gobs of new signs from sponsors of this tournament coming up. Most of them were shockingly vague. I mean, if you are going to pay for a banner, don’t you make sure it shows what you do. One said Armadillo. So my dad said they must sell armadillos. So I of course turn to the one which was only a quote saying something about there is always hope. My dad, without missing a beat, says it is selling Jesus, to which I quickly respond, “on a stick?” I am telling you, it is a wonder he and I could throw the ball at all we were laughing so hard.

I want to go home and curl up in my wonderful fuzzy red comforter. It is so soft and warm and happy making. I feel that we need to get another one just in case something bad happens to this one.

We had the always creepy talk about what we want to have each other do in case one of us is in a horrible accident. It came up when a little boy died over the weekend after the family decided to pull the plug. Horrible story, but Ken and I started talking. We have probably talked about it before, but it is always good to know the plan. My decision, I thought, I should put here in a blog. I figured someone could find it if need be. I have decided that really, the reason to pull the plug on me is if I can no longer express myself or communicate. Come on, even if I had my brain function, but I couldn’t get any of my thoughts out at all, it would be hell for me. I would rather not be in that prison. It would be upsetting, yes, to not be able to see my kids grow up, but you know, I would hate to be a burden on them and Ken. Now, if I can talk, or blink or I don’t know, type with my eyes on one of those special computers, sure, let me be. But otherwise, I think that Ken can make the call. I trust he will do what is right.

I know, uber downer, but it had to be said.

I love my snack of peanuts, but seriously, I don’t know that I can get them in shells anymore. It is a pain in the ass while at work to eat them.

The diva of my department was on a bit of a rant this morning. She was out Friday, so she acts all exasperated when we asks for things. She was on the phone, and came around to my area. First off, get off the fucking phone. Second, why are you in my area? Turn out she was looking for the computer that was Tammy’s old machine. Well, they took that last week or the week before because someone else had a virus. Diva gets all upset at whoever is on the phone and makes some remark about how she wishes someone would have told her. Dude, told her what? It isn’t her computer. It isn’t even something she is in charge of. She likes to think she is the office manager since she places orders for things like pens. I would like to point out she is a horrible office manager, then. First off, she orders shit we don’t need, and yet we are always out of things we do need. Our supply cabinet is filled to the brim with 6 different styles of highlighters, yet we have no labels. We don’t use highlighters much anymore, and yet everyone prints labels on a daily basis. Plus, how many fucking styles do we really need? I can see different colors, but 4 kinds of yellow???? Oh, yes, and when she hands out faxes, she never looks up who’s account it is, she just hands it out to who she thinks should handle it. It would take her all of 5 minutes to look them up, and I mean all of the faxes for 3 weeks, yet she chooses to feel it is too time consuming. So many other things, but she just irks me. I am frustrated with having her here.

I helped another cat! Yay! My coworker heard it through the grapevine that I have traps. So she borrowed one from me since she has a feral kitty at her house. She assumed it was a little girl, since it was so small. The trap worked perfectly and she got the kitty over to the vet. Turns out, it is really a little boy! LOL! He is full grown, and only 8 pounds. She was able to release him back into the neighborhood. She is continuing to feed him. He isn’t as keen on her right now, but it took some time to get him to come up in the first place, so she is hopeful. She is just glad to have gotten him fixed so there would not be kittens in the area. So yay!

Just got a call from the doctor’s office. They have the H1N1 shots. So the boys and I are heading down to the doc at 3 for them to get poked. They are not going to be happy about it. But we need to get it done. I am not getting one since I am fairly sure they only have enough for kids. If they want to give me one, sounds good, but if they can’t, no worries. There is talk of my work getting some vaccinations, so I may get one when they get them. I am already on that list. Ken is going to meet us there. I am so happy about that since let’s face it, too kids getting shots, not fun when you have to do it by yourself. Plus, Ken is hoping to point out that since he works with kids all day long, that perhaps he is one of the “high risk” people and needs to be vaccinated as well. Of course, I suppose that makes me high risk since I have 2 kids in daycare with other kids, and a husband with gobs of kids around him. They will all not get sick, but they will bring it home to me! Nah, I think I am fine for now, so I am hoping Ken can get the shot, too. Then again, he is more of a wuss than the boys are about shots. There is part of me that wants the boys to watch their father get a shot so they can see they are not being picked on. But do they really need to see daddy faint dead away from one needle?

Crap. It sounds like the kids’ Tivo crashed this morning. Ken wasn’t able to get everything off, either. Some of the Upside Down Show is queued to transfer, but who knows if that will happen. Luckily on that, they are now re-airing those episodes. Plus, most of the items on the Tivo are episodes that we can either get on Nick Jr (no more Noggin!) or DVD, but still super frustrating when the boys were apparently in the middle of a show when it died. Spongebob is like coffee to these kids. Take it away and you get cranky. So clearly I am a damn fool for now scheduling the shot for the same day. Yie!

The stress begins. I don’t know what to wear on Saturday. It isn’t fancy or anything, but I want to feel like I look good, but not so good that people can tell I tried really hard. LOL! Isn’t that what every girl wants? It shouldn’t be a big deal, but it is to me.

I hope that wasn’t a bad decision. They just brought around some list for a pot luck for the VP (My boss’s boss) is apparently about to be a first time grandpa. Ok, good for him. I am excited for him in just the idea that let’s face it, I like being a mom, and I know my mom likes being a grandparent, so I can see how this is way cool for him. But look, dude is having a grand kid. He doesn’t get a pot luck right now. Plus, the economy is in the crapper, no one has money, and let’s face it, does he think we want to bring food to celebrate his grandkid, or more specifically, him? Shoot, the man never talks to our department. Hell, he barely says two words to me unless I happen to be in the lunch room with other people. I am happy for him, but I so cannot warrant spending money on food for a bunch of people I hardly know to celebrate a grandchild when it would make more sense to spend it somewhere else. I know, I probably just signed my own pink slip, but I just think it is silly.

Ok, I officially know someone who had the swine flu! My 6th grade teacher just emailed out that she had it. She said it sucks. Good thing the boys are getting shots this afternoon. I really hope none of us get it. I hate the flu. I don’t do well with vomiting. I hate it more than anything. And more importantly, I don’t do so hot if I can’t do anything around the house. I also worry that if I got it that I would scare the boys. Mommy hurling scared them in the past. When my gall bladder thing happened, on the way to the hospital, I made Ken pull over so I could throw up. They were so freaked out. I would hate for them to see me all icky now, especially since they are older and understand more.

No comments: