Tuesday, June 7, 2011

evil clinic doctor

6-7-11




I did not like the clinic doctor.



I got there when it opened and thankfully was in a room within about 20 minutes, which is pretty damn good. I am still limping, but I never said it was 100% better. The doctor comes in and asks me how I am. I tell her it is loads better and this is why I moved up from the boot to a couple of ace bandages and a good shoe. She looked at me with a crumpled face.



She proceeded to tell me that I am not better and that she saw me limp in. I pointed out that I was limping with the boot, also, and that it is significantly better. She then interrogates me, asking me what my doctor had told me. I explained that he gave me the boot, told me to stay off the foot when I can, and to just take it easy for a couple weeks while it heals.



Apparently this was the wrong answer to bitchy clinic doctor.



She looked at my foot and honestly, after she manipulated it a bunch it hurt more. She decided ace bandages were not good enough. She ordered a new brace. I had no problem with this. I did have a problem with her suggesting therapy.



She was in shocked disbelief that my doctor had not suggested PT. I pointed out that even though it was a bad sprain, he felt that it would be fine. She flashed the crumpled face again and tried to insist on me coming there for therapy. Um, a big fat fuck you as far as I was concerned. She must have sensed I was not going to give in, so she asked if she sent me home with some stretches if that would be ok. I agreed to this plan.



One of the nurses came in and presented me with a box. In it was my new lace up brace. I swear, had I not asked him to, he was not going to help me with this thing. He also handed me what I assumed was a coloring book for my kids. Turned out, it was the booklet for ankle injuries, that also happened to include a couple stretches. If I didn’t know any better, I would say it was something that you get at something like Hometown Fair from the fire department for the kids. Cartoons and silly wording, it was so freaking lame.



The nurse put the brace on wrong. It wasn’t tight enough and it seemed pointless. He then asked me what time I would be coming in on Thursday. Are you kidding me?? Fuck! So I have an appt on Thursday morning to once again show them my injury.



I later noted that my follow up sheet had my injury checked of as “improving as expected”. If I was improving as expected, what the fuck was up with the third degree???



I was back at work around 8, so that isn’t too bad, especially considering the 3 hour visit last week. The only problem was my shoe didn’t fit over this new brace, so I had cold toes yesterday.



I love that when Bobby was doing sentences in class yesterday, he mentioned me. The word was “hope” and he said that he hoped that his mom would not trip again. LOL!!!!



I am really looking forward to Friday. Bobby’s class is doing some kind of presentation in the auditorium. Ken can’t go, so I will be sure to film it. Bobby has a card he needs to read to the room. I will probably cry. LOL!



Stephanie has suggested taking the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 on Friday afternoon. It may work out quite well since Bobby gets out at 12:30. I can probably work a couple hours, then go get Dax from Ken. Dax and I can then go watch Bobby perform, and then it won’t be much longer after that in which he will get out of school. I may have to work out some more logistics, but I think it is doable!



I actually blow dried my hair this morning, the first time in weeks. I am noticing that it is time to touch up my hair color. The reds in my hair have really taken over again, and I can see the real roots are there. I will probably do the dark dark brown again. I am tempted to cut my hair, too, since it is now summer time. I could take off about 3 inches and be good.



OMG-I found a Mexican Food buffet. Ok, maybe they are everywhere and I just didn’t know, but I am telling you, buffet plus Mexican Food equals happy Gena! It means I can go to a Mexican place and the boys can try things. That to me is way worth it. Buffets are brilliant when you have little kids. They can try 100 things, and you don’t have to feel bad.



I leaned on my hurt knee yesterday and it felt like it popped. I actually expected to see blood on my knee. I am noticing today that it feels like there is fluid in it. I assume it is standard knee fluid, having had knee injuries before and remembering the fluid feel. But what is odd is that there is one part that almost feels strangely attached, almost like it is stuck. That part worries me the most. I will keep an eye on it as it seems bad all around. Trust me when I say I will NOT be telling clinic doctor about this part.



I keep stealing the boys’ toys. Ok, not all of them. Just the cute ones. I have boys, and they are now at the point where guns and action figures are way cooler than little stuffed penguins and squinkies. Thankfully, I have a place for them in my heart. I have been migrating them to work slowly. My hopes is that if I get knocked up with a girl that I can then have them for her. If I have a boy or no kid? Well, I guess then my desk will be cute. LOL!



I have not been taking my injury serious enough. I am not saying I am super hurt or anything, but I am noticing that I should be a little more diligent about my recovery. My ankle hurts a lot this morning. My knee does, too. My knee was only hurting before when you touched it. Now it hurts just sitting here. I think it is time for some meds.

No comments: