Monday, June 6, 2011

stupid clinic

6-6-11






It was a good weekend!



I figured I should write now since I need to go back to the clinic at 7. I am not looking forward to that since it takes for-freaking-ever. But hopefully by going so early it won’t be as bad.



My Friday was restful! After the boys and I got home from my folks’, I fed them and put them to bed. They were very cool about it, and it allowed me to crawl into bed at 7. I propped up my foot to ice it and settled in to watch Sunshine Cleaning, a flick I have been wanting to watch for a long time.



I was sleepy, so after my movie, I turned on Reality Bites since I have seen it a million times and I figured it didn’t matter if I fell asleep. I ended up watching about half of it before nodding off. Ken got home not much later.



I slept in. That was wonderful. I could have used more sleep, though.



It was realized that I had screwed up. Dax’s TB test was to have been checked, and I forgot to take him down to the doc on Friday. This was bad for a couple reasons, the worst being that Dax would probably end up needing to do it again, which I would have hated myself for.



We ran down to the doctor’s office, hoping that someone there would be able to help us. A miracle in a white coat, my wonderful doctor, was there! She was more than happy to sign off on his test and it meant we had our paperwork for the school and Dax didn’t have to get another shot. Oh, and it also meant I wasn’t completely in the dog house.



My parents brought over a new toy for the boys. On Friday, it had arrived at their house. It was Dax’s birthday present. My mom, like me, cannot keep something for that long. Gifts that are awesome should not be stored, they need to be given. LOL! So my dad told her to go ahead and show Dax. This also means they can use it all summer.



It is a teeter totter airplane thing. It is their new favorite thing. It took some time to set up, but once it was done, the boys were on it constantly. Who knew this would be so popular!



Aaron came by Saturday evening so we started our sessions. Ken, Aaron and I talked for several hours. I let Aaron talk mostly, taking it all in. I have some opinions, but I need more information from him. I can say, though, it was very interesting all around.



Sunday morning we went to see Star Tours. Our plan worked well, with Ken going with the crowd to the line while the boys and I side stepped that and went and got fast passes. It allowed us to go on the ride first thing, and then come back 45 minutes later for a second ride with not much of a wait either time. By the time our second ride was ready, the wait time was already up to 2 hours and return times for Fast Passes were not until 9 pm! We done good!



I did not wear my boot on Sunday. My ankle has been feeling better. With ace bandages and my Sketchers, it seems to work ok. Although I am sore this morning. I am hoping that the doc will just send me on my way quickly so that we can stop this part of the healing.



Ok, I need to take care of some things before I go.

No comments: