Friday, June 3, 2011

ouchie

6-3-11




I hurt today.



Yesterday was a day wasted. At 9, my HR told me that I needed to go down to their clinic since my injury happened on the premises. I was not thrilled with this, and with good reason.



Vicki drove me since it would have been a pain in the ass for me. I got there at 10. I filled out my paperwork, watched the health info loop the full way through almost twice. The loop is an hour.



Ken and Dax came down to hang with me. It was a nice distraction. I was so sleepy and starving.



I had to do a breathalyzer and pee test. I guess it is now policy for every injury. I of course assumed it was because why else would I have fallen so spectacularly had it not been because of some substance abuse.



It was nearly 1 by the time I saw a doctor. He didn’t do much, but at least he was nice. He was nervous acting, and it was a little annoying, but I appreciated that he laughed at my bad jokes. He was extremely adamant that I do not take the Tylenol he prescribed with the Vicodin that I had. He told me about 4 times. He also prescribed Ibuprofen for the swelling. All pretty simple. I have to wear the boot of shame at work at least until Monday morning, which is when I have to go back to the clinic. Thankfully, my appt is when they first open.



I got back to work only to gather my belongings and leave. Ken stayed at my work long enough to get the cage from the warehouse. Dax and I drove home so I could feed him and myself.



Thankfully it was Thursday, which meant Ken would be taking the boys to class. I set up shop with the intent on watching Easy A. Instead, I fell asleep. I woke up at a quarter to 5 because I thought my phone had rang, which it had.



Ken brought home dinner and the rest of the evening was making sure homework was done and that I was ok. I did have Ken put my boot on so I could go and chit chat with my kittens, who yelled at me. Ok, no, only Dot really yelled at me, but he was pretty pissed at me. LOL!



I ended up icing my ankle in bed while I finished my movie. I know I slept, but I need more sleep. My elbow was in a bad spot and now is sore. My shoulder on the one side also hurts from the injury itself. My ankle also seems to hurt due to the walk from the car to my desk. I didn’t drive with my boot, so the hobble was in only an ace bandage. I would have parked in the lot closer, but the gate would not open. I was pissed. So now, my ankle is throbbing, I hurt in other spots, and I am super freaking tired. Why am I here?



I am here because I leave early like every Friday in June. I also have to be gone on the 14th for Dax’s stuff. It is hectic.



Ken is going to go see X-men tonight (jealous!) with Aaron and Chris. I am glad he is getting out. He needs it. The boys and I will go to my folks and then home.



I am going to tough it out today and try to not leave before 1. I can’t make any promises.

No comments: