Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yo, God, it isn't nice to keep kids up that late

6-8-11




So freaking tired!!!!!!!



Ken went to go entertain kids at some Jewish Center last night. I guess they have some kind of celebration last night that goes all night. Unfortunately for me, it means I just don’t get to sleep like I should. I left the tv on, and shockingly I was not as worried about Stabby Joe, but I just couldn’t get to sleep.



He got home at 2:30 or so, and even though I fell asleep at that point, it only gives me like 90 minutes. I need to wake up.



On the plus side, I have decided to take Friday off. Bobby’s presentation is at 9:30 and I was going to take Dax. So I might as well take them to school, too, since Ken leaves to go to class right at 8 after he drops them off. Bobby is allowed to leave after, so we will be out of class by noon at the latest. Stephanie and I are taking the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2. There are some considerations on what else we shall do. Lunch at this place Stephanie and Sabrina love is possible, and we have even considered letting the kids build a bear. Should be a fun day!



My birthday present to myself will be a hair cut. I don’t know if I will be able to get down to a location on Friday night, or if I can go Saturday morning before we head to my folks. I am thinking I can do it Friday evening as it will be easier.



On Saturday, we are doing lunch at Leo’s. It has been down the street from my folks for years and years, yet I have never been! Papa Brenan is going to be in town for a funeral on Friday, so he is coming along to lunch as well. The boys will be surrounded by family!



Sunday is the Incredibles viewing. I hope that we get there early enough for seats. We didn’t tell the boys yet because we wanted to make sure we were in a seat before we told them so they didn’t get their hopes up.



Hmm..maybe I will see if I can get my hair cut tonight!



Miss Lira sent her top kids, 4 of them) around to a bunch of classrooms, including Bobby’s, to have them read to the classes. Dax was one of the top kids! Bobby said it was so cool to have Dax in his room.



Miss Lira also sent home the list of wall words for Kindergarten for them to practice over the summer. Man, I wish we had known about the Pre-K for Bobby. I went through the flash cards that Bobby got his first week since they will work still. Out of 51 words, Dax knew all but 5. Woo hoo!



I need to re-do the wall of words in our house. I want to put up Bobby’s new words for 1st grade, and I want to keep the kinder words. Plus, I want to put the numbers up in order this time. I also want to put addition and subtraction symbols for Bobby. I am looking forward to summer since it means I can really work with both boys so that they are overly prepared for the fall.

No comments: