Monday, September 24, 2012

Dammit

9-23-12


Sleep eluded me part of this weekend simply because of blogging.

I wasn’t blogging, but my mind sure was. Saturday’s game presented me with information that in turn made me scream and holler later and in turn has my brain going over a full piece. I will hopefully get to that later today.

The offensive remark came from a parent on our team who apparently was elected by a couple of the other moms to scold me on my use of the word “dammit” at the game last week. I said it twice, never in front of the kids, and overall, not particularly loud. Yet for some reason, my pretty tame utterance of said word was considered evil and not in good taste. They were worried not only about the use of a “bad” word, but at the negativity that this might rub off on the kids.

It’s a good thing she didn’t hear what the voices were saying as I stood there with my PR face.

Aside from that incident, the weekend was busy and good. I felt like I was on the move constantly.

The soccer game was crazy exciting. The team did the best they had ever done. Yes, we still lost, but we should have scored about 3 times. Luck was not on our side. Oh well. It was awesome to watch.

I took the boys to their friends’ birthday party. I had not realized until Saturday morning that the party was not just for some girl in Bobby’s class. It was the girl in Bobby’s class that the boys play with across the street. OH! This meant I would not be chillin with Dax. I instead would be dropping them both off. Um, yeah, that was the plan until it appeared that there was no one really at the party. So instead, I ended up staying. It wasn’t bad, especially since I got to know the parents of the friends that the boys have been spending so much time with. The boys had a blast since the party included an inflatable water slide. It was 3 hours of me watching them and making small talk, but all in all, it wasn’t so bad.

Sunday morning, we rode our bikes to Mulligans Family Fun Center. We had coupons for a free round of golf and we figured this was a great family outing. A 2 and a half mile ride there with some mini golf. We even found about 10 extra balls on the course, allowing Ken and I to each play and for all of us to have extra shots at the end. It was really fun.

We rode home and stopped at Country Burger for lunch. Bobby had an epic meltdown when his hamburger came out with Thousand Island on it. It was pretty clear both he and Dax were quite tired. They get up much too early and I think it really fucks with Bobby, especially since he tends to fall asleep much later than Dax.

We got home and set to work on some chores. We then all went in the pool. It was really nice out, and I have to say it was very relaxing.

I am sleepy as I didn’t get enough due to blog thoughts and the unfortunate issue of my stupid cat.

Monarch is having issues. We had got him his collar, which doesn’t seem to be as potent as it was at first. Now, he is scratching and cleaning himself in frantic spurts. That in itself is annoying (especially since I checked him this morning and he was mostly flea free) when it happens on my head at 2 am. What is worse is when because I kicked him off the bed, he proceeded to pee on my feet. Stupid fucking cat. I need to figure out what the hell his damage is.



No comments: