Thursday, September 13, 2012

You napping?

9-13-12


Well hells bells, where are my manners? No blog and its 7:10??

I went to the school yesterday knowing that Mr. Williams would probably talk to me concerning Dax’s recent behavior shortcomings. Even Dax has been concerned that he is not living up to potential. Instead, when Mr. Williams asked Dax to let me know he wanted to see me, it was because of a totally different incident.



The lunch lady found Dax and Tristan both crying at the lunch table yesterday. Both of them were fighting over chicken nuggets. What?? Apparently, Tristan was trying to steal Dax’s chicken nuggets from his lunch and claim them as his own. Dax was very upset. Mr. Williams spoke to Tristan’s mom when she arrived, too. She was pretty annoyed with her son, who still felt that they were his nuggets. Dude.



I spoke to Mr. Williams further, though, and we discussed the distractions Dax was claiming, and I also pointed out that when Dax and Tristan hang out, both of them end up misbehaving. Tristan is a sweetie, but they bring out the worst in each other. So very sad since you want them to be buddies, but at the same time you want to throttle Tristan.


Thankfully, this incident did not dampen Dax’s mood for the afternoon. Once he determined I was not in the least bit mad at him over NuggetGate, he was all smiles. In fact, homework went pretty well. Of course, it probably helped that I was cleaning the shit out of the playroom the whole time, which meant they could not fuck around.

I prepped the room for computers, and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I am all anxious now to get them set up. YAY!

My energy was still intact, so I continued my housewife duties. The boys played, and even helped me quite a bit with no argument as I scrubbed the kitchen and entry way. It was a good afternoon, aside from them bitching about dinner. I guess not everything is rainbows.



Instead of reading to them last night, I had them each pick out a book to read to us. There is something incredibly funny and endearing having your 6 year old read “The Gas We Pass.”



The calming collar seems to work like a permanent pot high for Monarch. It is as though he is Spicoli.



Today the boss decided to take the day off, which is happy making since he has been on my last nerve. It is a total feel of freedom this morning what with the only two authority figures in the department being out of the office. I am hoping to take advantage of the extra time to do a longer workout.

Or I will just end up browsing the net. LOL!

No comments: