Friday, September 21, 2012

I am back

9-21-12


Well howdy!

I know, I know, I have been uber MIA. Well kids, I have been not only busy but sitting around waiting for my new computer here at work. With that all going on, blog writing adventures have been on hold. It has been a real shame since I could have written about things like the dream where I gave birth to a kitten.

I will take the time to write about the coolness that is my Dax. We had his parent/teacher conference in which it was confirmed that my boy is smart. Mr. Williams showed us tests and his work and other factors used to show progress and turns out the boy is a chip off the ol’ block. Yay! He even knew a 3 digit number, which apparently is not something a kid on the first day of 1st grade should know. He has fantastic comprehension skills and is delightful in class. I am very happy!

Sadly, Tristan’s mom has decided to turn a blind eye to her child’s shenanigans. She now believes that Tristan did not steal Dax’s chicken. She also thinks that Mr. Williams is picking on him. Sigh. Mr. Williams told us, and even said that he isn’t this open with all his parents, that she just seems to be in denial.

We had a lively discussion concerning “bad” words, too. He was telling us about Tristan having used a bad word. Ken told him that we don’t call them bad words in our house. We explain that they may be words that are not allowed in certain company, but no language should be considered bad. Words are just words and should be used appropriately. Dax curses, but it is always incredibly appropriate when he does. Mr. Williams told us he agreed with us, even though he really wasn’t allowed to. LOL!

Soccer practice went poorly that night. Kids getting hit in the stomach by the ball. Ok, that would not be news except that both times the ball was kicked by a coach. Oops. And one of the kids was Dax. Oops.

Despite the ups and downs of the week, I am just happy it is Friday. No boss man, which is so happy making, especially since he has been out since yesterday. I get to fuck around on my iPad and play this singing monster game I am sort of hooked on. I also get to continue to figure out how to use Windows 7, which is what my new computer at work is running. It isn’t gobs different, but there are things missing and settings that need changed so this has been a bit of a challenge.

Now if only I can get the boys set up…

No comments: