Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So freaking pretty!

9-12-12


I had lunch last night with Omarosa where I spent a lot of time comforting her about Michael Clark Duncan.



With the PT in serious need of replacing, I have been doing some “research” on cars I would like to call my very own. Recently I have decided that a convertible is a requirement. I know, it is frivolous and silly, but fuck, why the hell not, right? In addition to the topless variety, I have been eyeing some classic cars. By classic, I am talking mid sixties. I am talking those giant boat sized cars that can seat about 20 (so come on and bring your juke box money!). I want to be able to cruise around town with the boys in this car and just feel groovy.




I found some bargains. This 1964 Chevy Corvair is GORGEOUS, and only $6400!!!! I want this one so bad.



Enter Captain Killjoy.

Ken said he doesn’t want me to have a car made before 2000. He is concerned about my safety since cars didn’t have things like airbags and all that fancy safety stuff that they have now. Never you mind that I have been accident free since about 1992. Never you mind that in some of these tanks built back in the day that if someone hit me now, it would merely dent my car and probably destroy theirs. Either way, Ken is being rather cranky about safety lately.


You should see how much he yells at me when I don’t wear my helmet on my bike. Sigh.



Sadly, this does mean I need to consider other options. Or beg and plead and whine, I suppose.



Or win me the lottery so I can buy this car outright and another safe car. LOL!

If you can’t tell, I am feeling rather chipper this morning. Despite my random dining with a reality show “star”, my dreams were pretty decent and it all means I slept pretty well. I could use some more sleep of course, but the good news is that Wednesdays are my mellow days.

The boys had their picture day yesterday, and I asked them how it went and Bobby tells me we forgot some little piece of paper yet was unable to explain further. I hate that. I have no idea what any of this means, and now I am stressed that the picture will show up later. Time to speak to the teacher.


Dax is having his behavior issues again in class. I am guessing it goes hand in hand with him hanging out with Tristan again. 4 days in a row he has had his name turned, and yesterday he was benched. I have the parent teacher conference next Tuesday, but I think I will speak to Mr. Williams today to find out what is up. I want to be able to speak with Dax on exactly what Mr. Williams is seeing that he is doing.

Have I mentioned I really want this car?



Soccer practice went well. Man I get to run a lot during soccer. Woo! We ran the shit out of these kids, too. I know it was a lot since when we got home, the boys crashed pretty quickly at bedtime.

Speaking of bedtime, as much as I have enjoyed my free time of 7 o’clock on since the boys are supposed to be in bed by then. Well, with them getting older, and truly not sleeping till closer to 8, I am thinking I may need to officially move their bedtime to 7:30. I know it will be later soon, but for now, I am not willing to give up too much of my downtime, and I still feel they need to rest. But allowing myself some wiggle room, it means the boys can play more, which I think they need almost as much as rest, and I don’t have to stress on nights with soccer.



On Brandy’s advice, I got Monarch a pheromone collar to hopefully calm him slightly. Poor thing has been so out of sorts, so much so that he opted to pee on the bed. This is bad enough, but add to it the fact that Ken’s head was dangerously close to the incident while it happened made for two cranky boys in my house.



Monarch is pissed because Luna has taken to sleeping at the foot of the bed. He also seems angry at the amount of critters in house that want to be around me. He tolerates Tonks, but he is frustrated with kittens and dogs. Mind you, all of those 4 only want to be pals with Monarch, but he is not having it.



I think also a lot of it comes down to the heat and the fleas. The fleas are getting under control, and hopefully the heat will dissipate sooner than later overall. But in the meantime, I figure it doesn’t hurt to try this collar.



We have obtained two sets of computers to set up for the boys to use. I am very excited about this. I need to set to work on the playroom more in order to better facilitate set up. I want them to start using the computer as much as possible. I want them to play games. I want them to type letters. I want them to just be as one with the computer as their generation will be. I have done them a great injustice by not having them on the computer more. Sure, they are more than versed with Apple technology, but classic machines are still something they will use. So hopefully while they work on homework this afternoon, I can work towards playroom conversion.



Seriously, so pretty!



I also want the boys to work on running a bit. They need to get in better shape for soccer. Dax seems fine, as he has always been the more athletic of the two. Bobby pulled a muscle last night, but I think he could use some more conditioning. I told him I would run around the block with him each night. Yes, we ride bikes a fair amount, but I think running will be more in tune with what he needs for soccer. Plus, I am sure Luna would be more than happy to have a jogging excuse.



Well now I am all jazzed for my work day to be over since I have big plans for the afternoon. Stupid energy and ideas that clash with my sedate day job. Maybe I can just take next Tuesday off and work in the morning at the house, and then be able to go up for the parent/teacher conference, come home and work some more! Of course, that does me no good for the burst of energy I have right now!!!



And seriously, I can’t go home today. I like my outfit too much to waste it.

Ok, let’s put my energy to good use for now.

And I leave you with this.


http://www.cars-on-line.com/49575.html


No comments: