Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How did 3 days go by so fast?

9-4-12


Hello September!

It was a busy weekend, and thankfully despite feeling unproductive come Monday afternoon, I made up for it in a whirlwind of laundry and dishes, making the 3 days fantastic!

Saturday morning, we got up early. Not by choice, really. Neither one of us could sleep and the boys were up. We opted to use the time to go to an Estate Sale the boys and I had seen the night before. We also needed to go by the soccer field to line the fields for games coming up this week. It was a fun morning. We took Luna with us where she and the boys romped around the large field. Luna was pretty thrilled to not only get to go with us, but to have an off leash adventure.



The boys played a lot with their new friends across the street. I like the kids. They seem polite and nice. Ken went and introduced himself to the dad to make sure all was Kosher. Seems like it will be a good arrangement of playtime.

Sunday brought more errands, mostly in the search of banner makings. Ken has the main pieces cut out now, and is in the process of sewing everything together. We also found a couple of dog costumes in the shape of sharks, which is awesome since the team is the Silver Sharks. They look like they will attach to a baseball cap perfectly, allowing Ken and I to sport our shark pride during the game.

Sunday evening, we all went to dinner with Brandy, Sherri, Jason and Sarah. We went to Indian food, which was a culinary adventure for the boys. I was impressed that they tried foods. They may not have liked them all, but they tried. It was a fun filled evening of birthday wishes for Brandy and lots and lots of laughing. Good fun had by all!




Monday, the boys and I headed down to Seaside Lagoon to splash around in what seemed to be only slightly melted snow. Sheesh, that water was icy. You got used to it, sort of, but overall, it wasn’t comfortable. Stephanie and Sabrina came, too, there for a birthday party for someone they sort of knew. Although we only ended up hanging out a couple hours total, it was a nice outing. I hope to go back there when it is warmer. The boys managed to go down the slides into the deep end and managed to swim to the side. I was proud of them! Sadly, Bobby did cry when he shot out, but it was just so overwhelming. I was still so proud of him!




Dax got himself a haircut on Saturday. Ken used the Flowbee and some clippers to produce a faux hawk which rocked. Bobby has decided to keep his David Cassady hair, which makes them so awesomely different. I love it!



Giant week ahead of me. Today I have an endocrinologist appointment, followed by soccer practice. Thursday is an AYSO board meeting. Saturday is the first game. Sunday is my dad’s birthday lunch along with AYSO soccer pics. I am already exhausted just thinking about all of it.

My foot hurts, which is becoming annoying. It has hurt like this before. It is almost like I need to crack it. Or some kind of bruising. It isn’t horrific, it is just one of those dull pains that just kind of stays with me and is getting old. Ken wrapped it for me last night, but not sure what to do with it. I even iced it. I will still exercise today since I don’t think it will make it worse.

I am frustrated. I was all excited as I watched the last episode of season 4 of Mad Men. I was jazzed since it meant I would be starting season 5 this week, getting me almost caught up when season 6 airs sometime next year. Sadly, Netflix doesn’t have season 5 yet. No!!!! I may be able to find the episodes online. I just have to do some searching for it. I know I could wait. Hell, most people wait the full time between seasons and do just fine. Sadly when you power through 4 seasons of something, you get too used to having the next episode at the ready. Oh well. I have several books that need reading, one is even on the iPad which will make that my entertainment during my walking.



No comments: