Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Someone robbed my folks!

1-8-14

Someone robbed my folks!

My mom was at the school much of the day, and my dad at home, working on a new garage door opener. He went out for a steam in the afternoon and when they returned, probably not super long after, they discovered the theft.

They took all three iPads, which although upset my folks, I know Matt will have taken it worse than anyone. He didn’t know yet when I spoke to my mom. It looks like Matt actually got hit the worst, what with his iPad and what appears to have been a radio or something else from his room. They made a mess, looking for things quickly. They took a little cash, but left my mom’s laptop. It is very possible that they had been watching for my dad to leave since they went in through the garage door that was not hooked up to the opener at the time. My mom told me that there had been a seedy group of people hanging around on the block, which sadly doesn’t surprise me. My parents’ house is awesome, yet has always seemed to be surrounded by the worst neighbors in all of Redondo Beach.

I feel horrible about it. I wish there was something I could do. Matt and my dad had not signed up for the cloud on their pads. My dad had the brand new Air variety and just had not signed up yet. I don’t know what the deal is with Matt. Luckily, they are all really good about software updates, and they all had passwords. It still sucks. I wish I had enough money to get them all new ones.

It was the black cloud that came over the really fantastic day that I had. I kicked some ass in the gym at work, along with rocking my squat challenge. When I got home, I ended up cleaning a lot, painting this one trim piece we needed to do, and got the house all pretty. I felt super productive. It was awesome. I am on a rest day for squats, but I still should be able to do my gym time which I think I can manage. Yay for it being an early day for the kids since it means they have more time to complete their homework, which I like.

My coworker’s husband doesn’t have cancer, at least according to the test results from last week. They still want him to have a PET Scan, but this is just to verify that what they found was just a horrible case of pneumonia. The good news is that all of this got him to quit smoking, which in itself is a victory. It has been a rough holiday for their family, though, since they didn’t know what the results would be. Lung cancer would have been a horrible thing to hear. I am so relieved that this isn’t the case.

I am anxiously awaiting a package from Amazon. I ordered new earrings. I have been wearing the same ones in my additional holes for years and years. I decided it was time for a change. It is silly, I realize, but I actually really like all of the metal in my ears. Hell, I would love to add more in general. I know, I am strange.


Poor Trixie has a cold. I am a little concerned about her. She is so dang tiny. Hopefully it is minor. She seems to be more and more feisty in general, so I think she will be fine, but it worries me. I may need to do some web research on what to do in order to help her feel better soon. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Being robbed is a difficult and stressful experience, particularly if the burglars remains uncaught. The fear that it might happen again lingers at the back of your mind. Good thing you called them right away. Somehow , this helped calm your mother’s down. It also helped your parents to trace all the belongings that has been stolen. How are they, btw?

Hubert Singleton @ RDF Attorney

Gena D Brenan said...

Thankfully my folks are good and everything is back to normal. I hate that it happened to them since I never like anything bad happening to my family. Thanks for commenting!! :)

Stephanie Waters said...

That's really a bad news, Gena. Those robbers took very expensive items from your family. Being robbed is also a traumatic experience. On the other hand, good thing no one got harmed. I hope this wouldn't happen again. Take care!


Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law