Monday, January 6, 2014

First day of the new year

1-6-14

The new year really starts today.

With the kids back in school today and this being the first full week of work in 2, I am ready to rock and roll. I am already on day 6 of the squat challenge and my gym bag is full for the treadmill today. If all goes according to plan, I also will be able to walk the park tonight with Luna, and possible a nice walk before kid pick up, although that one may be nixed so I can handle some light chores.

It was a productive weekend. The boys and I cleaned the family room along with organizing their desks. It is crazy how quickly they were accumulating crap on those desks. It also is interesting to watch how quickly cat fur sticks to blue carpet. Either way, I was pleased with my cleaning results, which also allowed for Christmas goodies finally finding a home in the room.

I also set the boys to work out back where we picked up rocks and other things in order to keep the lawn clear to encourage the grass growth we have been seeing. I am anxious to have the ratio of grass to mud to increase as I am quite tired of Luna being quite so filthy.

We also spent much of yesterday working on Bobby’s homework, which we clearly procrastinated on for 2 weeks. I hadn’t realized he needed things done for today, as this is just the “pilot of the week” project in which each kid has a week where the class gets to know that kid better with shared items and pictures. I even get to write a letter to the class explaining how special he is, which he doesn’t get to see beforehand. I am also allowed to send old videos. YAY! Either way, He needed to fill out this one sheet and have pictures. Sadly, I am unsure if we were on overkill mode yesterday since the instructions didn’t explain enough as to what should happen. Either way, he is ready for it today.

The decision has been made to make an appointment for Lycos. Her quality of life is truly not where it should be. Ken had hoped to wait until her birthday in Feb, but we have determined that truly, it would not be fair to keep to that. It won’t be a good day. The boys have told us they don’t want to be there, so we will drop them off at my folks and Ken, Luna and I will take her to Doc Steinam’s. I don’t know the exact day we are doing this, but I think that even with the sadness of losing my 14 year old dog, I know it is for the best.

Eydie needs more work, which Ken will hopefully be able to accomplish some of it this week. I think we should consider getting the dumpster/workers ASAP for the great garage clean out. We will be renting a U-Haul, filling it with the items we keep, and then directing the day labor crew what goes in the dumpster. Even though it will cost us some money, it will be easy to just point and get it all done super quickly. We need to also go to Lowe’s this week and pick out tile for the kitchen so that can get started. Painting for the back bedroom, too, but as we have determined, painting is easier than other things. LOL!

I will be happy once Eydie is done if only because it means I can continue the little things at Steve. Porches and landscaping and other various organization projects all call out to me. We have started a new list of dinners we make so that we can have cards along with the ingredients so that we can make a more informed grocery trip. I know that there are still boxes of items that need to go to Savers sitting idle in my garage. I still want to find a bookshelf for my living room. It is all these little touches to make Steve even more cozy.

The other outing that needs to be done is to Blacksmith’s corner for vaccinations for the greys. Once that is done, I can make an appointment for them for spaying. We will take them to the Harbor shelter for that since they seem to have the best pricing and I actually really like the staff there.

I am starting to become more concerned. My friend here at work left a little early on Friday because she was going with her husband to the doctor to get the biopsy results on a spot found on his lung. She appears to be working from home today. I don’t want him to have cancer. Oh my goodness, I really don’t. Cancer is evil. All these fucking people out there worrying about pot and people being gay when really, the big threat that we as a world should be trying to fix is how to kill all cancer.


No comments: