Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Time

1-13-14

I will really miss her.

The weekend luckily was busy enough that we didn’t have to think about this afternoon as much. Saturday was filled with some amazing soccer games. We not only won both games, we won by enough points that we are sitting in a position in which if all goes well on Saturday this week we will go on to Region Playoffs, which is pretty cool. Don’t get me wrong, on one hand I am so done, but, I really adore these boys and it has been extremely fun to watch them play. Both games on Saturday were intense. Bobby did well, but since he is not the best player, he only plays half the game. I would be upset except he actually cheers when he isn’t playing. Ding dong child of mine.

Friday was quite frustrating. I ended up taking the day off and Ken and I drove out to Lancaster. The web site for the shelter indicated there were multiple puppies that we were interested in. The long drive also meant that we could not stick around to watch Bobby get the citizenship award that morning. I was guilty, but he seemed ok with it what with us searching for a puppy.

We had called the day I saw the one pup online. They told us she was available starting Friday, hence the drive. We got out there when it opened, were helped first, and then told the puppy was already spoken for. What??? Apparently you can go in and pretty much “hold” a dog. You can essentially fill out a commitment to adopt. Of course none of this was told to us. We drove all the way out there for nothing. Not to mention that all the dogs out in their facilities that we liked were also all spoken for, and it was not noted on the cages, which was equally frustrating. We also had to watch this chick from a rescue group be given the opportunity to come in early, and she bragged how she was pulling like 10 dogs that day. Mind you, none of the ones she was going to pull were dogs like Pits, the ones who were most likely to be euthanized. It was all kinds of frustrating and once again I am back to looking at breeders.

Sunday took us to Eydie where Ken and Bobby worked on grouting the front tile and Dax and I worked on everything from papering the back bedroom for paint and taking out some garage things. Ken and I moved out the old stove and got the fridge out of the kitchen so we could tile in there. We still have a fair amount of work to do, but hopefully we can get it done soon. I would like to have it done by the end of January. Today I am supposed to look into listing it online for rent.


Today will be long. In some ways I just want it to be done with. In other ways, I wish it could go slow. I can’t concentrate. 

No comments: