Thursday, January 30, 2014

Calf

1-30-14

Stupid fucking calf cramp.

I haven’t had one in ages. It started screaming at me maybe an hour after I fell asleep. It was before Ken had gotten home from soccer. It is significantly harder to jump out of bed when you are wrapped up in covers that are filled with kittens. I was tangled and panicked, trying desperately to not squish my kitties all trying to get my feet on the ground to stop the horrid pain I was in.

Sadly, the cramping pain still exists. My calf feels awful. I have always been prone to these cramps. I used to get them even when I was a little kid. I have actually gotten them in the middle of a soccer game before. I was at a tournament out of town and I remember clearly that at the hotel later I was made to consume a banana since everyone felt that a dose of potassium. Stupid bananas. Bleah.

The problem with a leg cramp like that is that I couldn’t get comfortable much of the night. I was terrified that my leg would spaz out again. Trixie was frustrated with my tossing and turning and was less delicate when she would scale my back to curl up on whatever side I was facing.

The good news is that is really the only “bad” news of the day. The boss is out today and tomorrow and tonight I am going out to dinner with Alyssa and Sarah. I am really trying to keep up my goals of seeing more friends more often. 

I think it is pretty safe to say that I will be taking tomorrow off to go work on Eydie. There is so much to do. I am not sure what I will able to work on, but I am sure there will be something.

Ken picked up the new locks for Steve. The new front door handle is so pretty! We will be able to go get new keys hopefully this weekend.

I did some reading on training tips for a flat coated retriever, which is what I am convinced Lily is. Turns out one of the things they recommend is to let these dogs carry something on walks. I had noted at the park she liked to carry a stick so last night I brought along a toy for her to carry. She proudly carried it maybe half the time. There is one section of walk she spit it out simply so she could eat the seed pods from this one tree, which I have to scold her on each freaking time. She also doesn’t consider this toy one of her favorites. We have a stuffed potato she is fond of, so we may need to try that. When she had a toy in her mouth, she got into less trouble. Who knew?

I am wondering if some of what I should do Friday is just transporting things from Eydie to Steve. That garage needs cleaning out quickly. I would really like to rent a truck and just fill it up. I could handle that, right?


No comments: