Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Holes

1-29-14

I assume a day will come where there truly is nothing to get done.

Until then, I guess we keep pushing forward. Monday was active for me, and I was able to kick some serious ass on Steve with laundry and cleanup. I even had time to sweep, which was all negated yesterday when the hole happened.

Before we went and picked up the kids, I noted the dogs staring at the hose and a small hole near it. They looked to be studying it, and it was cute. Sure, it was suspicious, too, but I clearly have been with older pups for a while. I had forgotten the trouble a little puff ball can get into.

An hour passed and I walked back past the door and glanced outside where there was mud, puddles, and dogs covered in all of that. Turned out the powwow they were having with the hose was in fact them threatening the hose. Lily in turn decided to strike and put a hole into said hose. Luna didn’t really complain. She got to have water everywhere. The subsequent hold was massive from Luna digging at the water flow. Lily was cheering her on, caked in mud and clearly feeling very happy to have an adventure with her new sister.

In reality, it was all pretty damn funny. Ken took the dogs into the shower, and there still are muddy tracks from the pups going from porch to shower. The dogs are nice and clean now, but the house did take a hit. Time to invest in one of those cool hose holders. Plus, we need to make that watering hole for them. And lastly, I need to water and add some seed. The dirt in the back mixed with wet dog is just too much.
I need to go to Eydie today to see how the paint looks. My mom came over yesterday and told me how she thinks we should scrape all the paint in the kitchen. Of course, while we were having this conversation, Ken happened to be painting. LOL!! So we will see.

My mom assured me yesterday that I should not feel guilty that she is helping out. She told me she is actually really enjoying this process. My dad of course is more cranky, but he is allowed to be. LOL! My mom feels good that she can help and she is even blowing off Mr. Chin on Thursday to work. I clearly have given her an incredible gift for her retirement. I still feel bad, but at least I know that is on me.

The boss is back today, and most likely will be crazed what with close having happened this week and he was gone for those days. The good news is he is gone the next two. I am seriously considering taking off Friday to work at Eydie. We will see how it goes.

Trixie let me sleep on my own last night. I am guessing that means she cuddled with someone else all night. LOL!

Tonks is getting braver and braver. I am so proud of my beautiful girl. She comes out into the living room even when the dogs and kids are in there. She is holding her ground and both boys have been able to touch her for the first time. It was pretty amazing, really. I know I shouldn’t say this, but she might very well be my favorite. I adore her so much.

Luna and I took Lily on Monday night for a long walk. She really is getting better on the leash, and I really have to give Luna a lot of the credit on that. It seems like Lily watches Luna for what she does. I need to do some good sit training with Lily, but she actually sat at one corner for me when I only had to say “sit” once. I was pleased! She is a smart pup, and responds quickly when you scold her, so I know she will take to training well.


No comments: