Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

1-3-14
Anyone still out there?
This is going to be a good year. With Steve being done aside from some painting on the outside and landscaping, we are settled nicely there. Eydie is coming along, with Ken having done tiling in the entry way yesterday. Holy crap, we should have done that years ago! It is awesome! We will also be doing new tile in the kitchen along with having the same hardwood floors guys who spiffed up Steve do their magic on Eydie. She will be a new woman!
Once that is rented out, hopefully life will get back into some sort of “normal”, whatever that is. Soccer is done aside from a couple of playoff games over the next week or so, but those are so simple to deal with.
I don’t like to make actual resolutions. They are too easy to break. However, I am interested in some goals for a better Gena.
Exercise is going to be forced back into my existence. I am currently doing the 30 day squat challenge with Alyssa and Sarah, two who will very likely keep me quite motivated in this one. I already have a plan for walking, too. Aside from making a point to use the gym here at work, I am going to walk Miss Luna along a route that will put me at the school for pick up each afternoon. I need to walk the route this weekend to determine how long it will take so I can start and finish according to the bell schedule, but it should be pretty awesome. It isn’t doing too much right away. It is simply doing some exercise each day, even if only a bit, to get me back into the groove. I can increase it as I get more used to the rigor.
I will see my friends more this year. I neglected the very important people in my life and I don’t intend to do that again. I need to make time for the people who I love, which isn’t only Ken and the boys. In addition to this, I hope to make a point of having Ken go out more with his people, even if it only means games at Steve. I think his soccer is his social outlet these days, but I want to make sure he spends time with Aaron and others also. All of this is good for our souls and it also is good for the boys to see us in how we interact with other people.
Speaking of the boys, I am also trying to be more conscience of my yelling again. If it means singing punishments or just simply becoming eerily quiet when I calmly take things from them, then so be it. It doesn’t mean I won’t ever yell again, but truly, if I do it all the time, how will they know when I am really pissed?
This also is my last year of doing the Treasurer position for the region. Since I know that Jerry is stepping down next year, it seems like a good time for me to, also. Plus, I really just don’t want to deal with the time spent on it. I have fun with aspects of it, and it is certainly possible I may change my mind in the coming months, but for now, my goal is to find a replacement person and start training them right away. This will allow me to then hand it over to someone smoothly.
Ultimately, my hopes are for me to be better at being a grownup, while not abandoning the part of me that made me into the grownup I am. Priorities need to be formed, which also include making sure I relax from time to time. Part of improving myself means being able to let some things (and people) go.

So here’s to a great start to 2014!  

No comments: