Monday, September 8, 2014

Another weekend

9-8-14

I just wish I knew if it was allergies or a cold I am dealing with right now.

The sleepless night certainly didn’t help. Sure, the heat was awful, but really I was afraid to get into a deep sleep due to Bobby. Last night in the midst of dinner he said he felt ill and decided to go to bed. It was a later dinner, and we had a long and active weekend so I just assumed he was overly tired. Sadly, he did feel like throwing up, which came about 30 minutes after he went to lie down. Luckily, in true Bobby fashion, he was laughing after he barfed. He commented on how light and empty he felt after, which he said made him feel much better. It was sweet considering he wasn’t 100%.
Since Dax had a similar sick a couple weeks ago, I worried that there would be another session in the bathroom. Luckily he slept just fine, but unfortunately I did not. Every sound signaled the alert in me and I practically jumped up. I know I am going to pay for this in the course of today.

It was the capper to a crappy evening. I managed to burn my arm making dinner and I stepped on a rock while running outside to get something for Ken. I also was committed to the dinner I was making when I noted I was lacking in the key ingredient. It wasn’t going well.

The worst thing that occurred was when we got home from a couple of errands, one of which was to get mice for Hal. Since Breezer in particular has always appreciated smelling the mice before we give them to Hal, I thought I would show Toph a mouse, not really thinking much since she is pretty mellow.

The mouse was her on switch.

She snagged the mouse from my hand with lighting quick speed and it started me. Dax was in the kitchen with me when this was going on. I tried to pull the mouse away from Toph which resulted in a horrific scene out of some kind of critter horror movie. Toph’s pulling and my trying to remove the mouse resulted in the skinning of the live mouse in my kitchen. I screamed, Dax cried, Bobby ran up, fascinated. Thankfully Hal didn’t reject the mouse, and if anything seemed to kill it quicker and did eat him. The damage was already done, though, with both Dax and I beyond traumatized. He calmed down pretty quickly, but it was all around awful.

Note to self: Toph doesn’t mess around when it comes to prey.

On a happier note, Dax did get to experience his first real win in soccer. Yay! Their team did amazing on Saturday, scoring 5 goals to their 0. Dax played his heart out, like always. Bobby did really good, too! I saw him hustle a lot and really get in there. I don’t expect a season of all wins, having seen a couple of the other teams, but I do anticipate a good season all around. I was just happy to have them together on a good team.

The boys and I went over to Levy after the game and they took turns walking around in the costume, posing for pictures with kids and waving to everyone. It was really fun! I am hoping to do this again in the coming weeks, but I don’t know that this weekend will be one of them. I am anxious to use a mostly free weekend to work on the house.

We bought an ornamental plum yesterday and planted it in the front. It looks cool there! Ken is going to work on the sprinklers next, but we are hoping to get some more of the landscaping worked on. We have picked out the plants we like, so now we just need to prep for them.

We went out for my dad’s birthday on Saturday evening. It was a nice evening of yummy comfort food in the form of a Moon’s Over My Hammy and watching my mom in heaven as she hung out with her favorite kids in the whole world. Even BoyCat hung out with us a bit, which meant we got to watch my dad in heaven as he hung out with his favorite critter in the world.

Today starts real school, complete with homework which will most likely start tonight. Dax is worried there will be a lot. I am worried, too, but I know we will manage, as we have up to now.
Today also marks the first day for them to walk home by themselves. Dax will wait for Bobby and they will walk home together. We will be home, so it will not be a big deal. That being said, on Wednesday we will not. I have a doctor’s appointment at 2. I should be home not long after them, but it will be a milestone all around. I know they will be fine.


Alright, it is time to get something done. 

No comments: