Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Passing Notes

9-23-14

Leeroy is grouchy!

Ok, in all fairness, so am I. It is only work related, though, so I know it is temporary since around here work can be good and bad randomly. With that, I will simply try to be cheerful despite the annoyances.

Part of Bobby’s homework last night was to give Ken and I a spelling test. I was excited until I found out we had to do it in cursive! Seriously, the only thing I write in cursive is my name, and even that looks more like a scribble. I missed 1 word because I have forgotten how to write a z in cursive. Sheesh! The test was really fun, though. With every word we had Bobby use it in a sentence and we giggled a lot. Ken and I also passed notes, which both boys found endlessly amusing. Bobby said I was now benched. Ha!

I mostly let them do their own homework last night, trying to not interfere too much, hoping they would understand that the longer they took, the less time on the computer they would have. In reality, they would have lost all computer time but Jimmy and Denise came over so we shooed them off to go play.

Today the boys have practice, so I will have some down time. There is some laundry to work on, but the house is decently clean so I don’t need to bust my ass this afternoon. This is happy making. I may even watch a movie, what with Netflix adding several I have been wanting to watch.

With the boys’ game at 10:30, I have a bit of a morning on Saturday. Of course, knowing me, we will still go down to the field early.

I really need to touch up my hair. I have not decided if I will just use the rest of the blue or go to purple. The boys seem to be done with the blue. Both said purple would be good, so I may just need to do that. Maybe I can get Ken to put the color in my hair before they go to practice and I can leave it in until they get back.

I could smell the smoke from the harbor this morning when I left for work. That had to have been a crazy fire.


No comments: