Monday, September 22, 2014

So much Soccer

9-22-14

AYSO truly does mean All Your Saturdays Occupied.

That being said, it could be AYWO since my whole weekend was soccer this time. Mind you, it wasn’t bad (unless of course you ask the boys who were bored much of Sunday). Saturday was actually fantastic! The game was amazing. It was back and forth on scoring but we came out ahead. It was 6-5 by the end. Poor Dax went down what seemed like a million times. Yes, there were minor injuries, but ultimately it was that he was so frustrated and intense in the game he just would explode with emotions when he would go down. The kid is a trooper, though.



I did have to step in with how long Bobby was playing. Normally it doesn’t make any difference to me if he only plays half a game. Much of this is because he doesn’t care. However, on Saturday the game time didn’t add up. He was out first quarter, but came in for one of the players who I guess was hurt (he just randomly left the field, so Bobby went in. Then he was out 2nd quarter, and 3rd quarter, and then come 4th quarter he was out and I was annoyed. Bobby was, too. In a first, the kid really wanted to play. I asked Lou and he got a little snippy. Ken didn’t catch the error, either. Once it was explained, though, Bobby played the 4th quarter. He also almost scored a goal! Thankfully Lou told me he would be playing Bobby 3 quarters this coming game, so this is all good.

Even though the game is only an hour, we are there at the field early to set up. I lined a field, but luckily I had company since Jerry ended up hanging out with me while I did. Then after the game, Ken, Jerry and I hung out to monitor the fields. The boys end up kicking the ball around, playing their iPads and just sitting. We tend to get out of there by around 1:30 or so. This isn’t too bad, really.
We also went to Alli’s game on Saturday afternoon. Ken reffed while I hung out with Nicole and got to cheer on Alli. It was a lot of fun! I liked watching some older kids playing. It was such a difference. That being said, you could see that there still were similar errors being made.



All of Sunday was spent at Torrance El for picture day. Much of that day was sitting around, but it was not too bad. We made a lot of money selling t-shirts and other merchandise, which is awesome! We also took our team picture, which will be awesome this year since Ken, myself and the boys are in it. A family soccer pic! We also took the board member picture, and Bobby was in it, too, since he dressed up as Playso for the picture. I am so happy my boys are becoming part of our little soccer family.






Friday night was my only non soccer night, but it was still awesome since I got to hang out with Stephanie! She and I went to Savers, which was incredibly entertaining. They have so much Halloween stuff, so we got to rummage through all of that. We did confuse and concern this one clerk there who made the foolish mistake to tell us, “If you have any questions about Halloween, just ask!” This of course meant that we asked her for her favorite custom, which she understood as costume. She proceeded to tell us how she has never liked Halloween since her birthday is on it. She turns 18 this Halloween so we spent some time trying to convince her to own it as her very own holiday. She looked a little nervous, but I suppose anyone might be when you have two strange girls in top hats and holding random Halloween stuff badgering you on random things.




It looks to be a less chaotic week, which is good. Wednesday we do have a fundraiser night at Rizzo’s for the region, which should be fun. Other than that, the week is standard with homework and soccer. I am looking forward to some routine.


No comments: