Thursday, September 18, 2014

Whirlwind of Awesome

9-18-14

So much done!

I got home yesterday and set to work on my house. I set loose the Roomba, I mopped, I laundered, I kicked ass. The boys got home and I continued a lot of my whirlwind of awesome. I helped explain a math concept to Bobby, and we were quite successful. Dax had done all of his homework for the rest of the week in class yesterday, so really, this kid was set.

I kicked the boys out of the house and told them to go into the pool. At this point I continued to clean all of the laundry in the house. I tried to relax and watch some Friends, but sadly something is wrong with our Tivo and it can’t seem to connect to the bedroom cable box or something like that. The point is, no shows, live or recorded, were available to me in the living room. This was super freaking lame.
I made dinner and opted to throw in Frozen and the boys were lured into the living room with me and we ate and enjoyed the flick. It had been far too long since I had seen it.

Ken had two games last night, with them starting an hour later than normal. I did manage to fall asleep after he left, but due to the crazy wind, I was pretty sure that someone was in the house ready to chop me up into little pieces. This was annoying since I was so dang tired I would fall asleep in spite of the clear and present danger. This would cause me to wake up in a panic. I knew that if Stabby Joe was in my house my dogs would bark, but then again, these are not the brightest canines.
I woke up this morning feeling rather groggy, and I still feel this way. I had vivid dreams again that were wacky. Not as good as the night before, but clearly the cable channels my subconscious has  subscribed to has upgraded significantly.

The boys have practice tonight, but during practice, Ken and I will be meeting with Mr. Chin. He can’t be at the school on the normal Back to School Night, so he arranged two other nights for parents. This was pretty cool of him. Luckily, we mostly know the drill with his class, but this being a combo class, there will be some info we didn’t have. Should be interesting to see how they handle the handful of 3rd graders in the mostly 4th grade class.


No comments: