Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day weekend 2014

9-2-14

I don’t like that I feel like I can’t vent.

It was a nice long weekend and I feel accomplished in both domestic chores and family bonding. I even got some good old fashioned relaxation in! Go me!

Friday afternoon we went out to Griffith Park to check out the abandoned old zoo. It was really quite cool how so much was still there. It was also a little bit of a bummer that there was so much in the way of graffiti and broken glass. I was a little worried about the dogs, but thankfully no injuries took place.

It also is pretty clear this is a spot in which teens go to drink and smoke out. We came across a group while we were there and we opted to not go much closer to them lest they get pissy what with them also doing some tagging. It was ok, though, since they were up in the hills enough we didn’t need to deal with them.
After the park, we drove towards the Hollywood sign, which was super touristy and awesome. We even got someone to take a picture of all of us in front of the sign, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Dax wanted his own picture in front of the sign, too. We drove around the hills a bit which was just a fun adventure all around.
Saturday I went to the mall with Sarah while the boys went and helped Ken at a birthday party. I like how they enjoy working with Ken. They loved it during the summer and they jumped at the chance to do the party. I know the money helps since they do get paid, but I also think they enjoy being helpers.

Saturday night we went to Wilson Park to see Bolt. I had started to consider not going since I was afraid it would be a huge production. I am so glad we went! It was a lot of fun. I love that movie, and the set up was really cozy. Ken got to help set up the inflatable screen (of course we knew people setting up. We are becoming quite well known in Torrance). I am kind of bummed I didn’t look into these flicks sooner. I am hoping to get the flyer for next summer as soon as possible so we can put it on the calendar.

Sunday was spent relaxing. We watched movies and didn’t do much of anything. It was well deserved rest, and it was pretty damn hot out. We all went in the pool for a while, which was great fun. That being said, I am going to be happy when the summer heat is gone. I love the pool, but I need some rain.

Monday morning we went to breakfast because I thought it would be a nice family time what with school starting in a couple days. It is about to get all kinds of hectic in our house what with soccer and school. Thank goodness it is only the one team!

We cleaned the house Monday after breakfast and then collapsed from the heat. It was awful. But we got a ton done, which is all I cared. We caught up on Legend of Korra, which I gotta say is getting better and better, which I didn’t think was possible. It is so wonderful! I am anxious to watch more episodes.

I did run out to the store because I wanted some sweet chili sauce for the chicken I was making. I ended up going in my cleaning clothing, which meant I looked all tattered and torn. I figured how bad could it be for a quick visit, right? Yeah, ok, that would be the one time people decided to talk to me.

I managed to shatter a bottle of the sauce, which meant dealing with the store cleaning crew. Then, as I was walking with two bags of mozzarella cheese and the sauce, some random guy was staring at me. I was sure he was looking at the giant hole on my shirt. He noted I was looking back at him concerned when he then explained quickly that he was curious as to what I was buying. He proceeds to ask me what the cheese was. I told him, and then he asked me what I was making with it. After I told him he says, “so when and where?” It was cute, but still odd. Then at the register, the lady looked concerned that I might be making something with cheese and sweet chili sauce. She asked, and I explained these were for two totally different meals. I am telling you, I was in some kind of crazy bubble of people look at me!

Now I am at work, trying not to fire of a nasty email to my boss who totally screwed up one of my accounts. He also sent me an email asking me for two reports that were reports I had done and that he attached in the email. I am sure he didn’t see them. Sigh. He really drives me nuts. I honestly believe he is dealing with some form of dementia or something because he is really getting worse. I am not even trying to be funny, here. I have heard rumors that I am not the only one who thinks this and that higher ups are concerned.

We have practice tonight and it is up at Adams which is kind of fun. I will most likely drop in, but I do want to do some walking with the dogs tonight. We shall see. I am anxious for Thursday because I really want to meet their teachers. I am not looking forward to the stress of homework, but I am hoping this year to be less crazed about it. These boys need to be the ones who are thinking about it, not me.

We also have a board meeting Thursday. I will most likely only stop by. The boys have practice so I will let Ken take them and on his way home he can bring me the kids and they can go home with me at that point. We also found out Katie won’t be able to watch the boys on board meeting nights, so either once a month I will bring them along, which isn’t too big a deal since it is not that often and they can play their game, or, well, I don’t know another option. Ha!

Papa Brenan’s 80th birthday is in November which means there are plans to get all of us up for a celebration. Currently the plan is for us to go up after the game on the 22nd. Not sure if we will then come back Monday since I need to do reports on Tuesday. If Andy and Scott are going to do Thanksgiving up there, then we are considering staying through the holiday. Not sure, though.


Sigh, I suppose I should get some work done today.  

No comments: