Friday, September 5, 2014

Back to school!

9-5-14

Back to school and regular routines.

I was once again quite accomplished in my day, starting at 5:00 am. I went down to LabCorp to get my blood work done. I went super early, but I was glad I did because when I was done at about 6:30, the place was packed. I was the first person there so I was able to get done quickly. My arm is bruised, which hasn’t happened in a while, but I don’t care since it doesn’t hurt and it is now done.
I was also able to get home in time to make breakfast for the boys. Bobby requested scrambled eggs and Dax wanted oatmeal. I didn’t mind one bit. I was all happy to be able to be home for their morning stuff. I got to make them their lunches and walk up to the school, which was awesome.

Bobby is in Mrs. Van Wie’s class. Mind you, I don’t know if I spelled that right. I think I have spelled it 5 different ways since yesterday. I will remember the name, though, since apparently she told the class the way to remember her name is to think of a van driving down a hill yelling WHEEEEE!!!! I love that. Bobby adores her. He likes how laid back she is. He said she is one of those teachers that likes to be friends with her students and called her an “oh brother” teacher. This is what Mrs. Fashe was like, and Bobby said that this teacher is now his favorite.

Dax is in a 3rd/4th combo class. I am looking at this as compliment. They said that when they were choosing combo kids they needed people who worked well independently and were bright. This means Dax is one of those kids. We even talked to Mrs. Senechal about is and she agreed that Dax will have such a tremendous opportunity because he will be very exposed to 4th grade topics, too, giving him an edge for next year. As if all of this wasn’t fantastic news, he has Mr. Chin! Yay! It allows me to know what to expect and it meant Dax was a tiny bit less nervous being that he knows Mr. Chin well because of Bobby.

Both the boys seemed nervous. Dax, who would normally polish off 2 heaping bowls of oatmeal barely touched the one bowl of it. When we walked them to class they each were clearing working hard at not crying. I didn’t linger since I knew they would be better off with me not there. I knew Bobby would be fine in his class what with there being all of the kids on the soccer team this year that go to Adams are in his class. Plus, kids from last year’s team are in there. He knows lots of kids and told me after he was quite pleased. Dax knows the kids from last year, but the ones he was closest with are not in his class, which was a bummer. I hope he feels comfortable soon.

After we dropped them off, Ken and I went and did a ton of errands including Costco. I had to get snacks for the game tomorrow and we needed things for lunches. When I got home I started working on the soccer financial stuff only to discover a huge error in which many of the transactions I had entered were coded to the wrong bank account. I was not happy. That of course is a huge understatement. I needed to make the financial report for the board meeting but sadly I could not because I didn’t have the time to fix everything before the meeting. I was quite upset.

We went and picked up the kids and this meant homework. Not homework for the kids, but for me! So much paperwork involved at the beginning of each year, and you would think that I could just check a box that says nothing changed. Sigh. Not a big deal, but man, what a pain in the ass!
Ken took the boys to practice and I worked on some more stuff before heading up to the board meeting. I thankfully didn’t have to be there super long. I was also glad that Jerry was there since I was able to chit chat with him. Ken and the boys came around 7:30 and I walked home with the kids and Ken stayed. I am hoping that this whole routine thing comes back. LOL! I hate how chaotic things are at times.

Thankfully this evening I can mostly relax. I have some light chores to work on and I need to prep the juice and snacks for tomorrow. I already prepped most of them. I am a little concerned that I will be the uncool mom, though, since the snacks for after the game include grapes, carrots, apples and pretzels. They had these little packs at Costco for rather cheap. I did include some candy, too, that way they can’t hate me too much for being such a square.

I have found my costume and now just need to order it. I am all excited! Dax is talking about being Star Lord, which would be really fun. Bobby is still planning on being Mad Eye from Harry Potter. We need to get him a trench coat and a staff. Not too big a deal. If Dax is Star Lord I need to order a Walkman for him, too.


This day will hopefully be done soon. I want to crawl back into bed. It is so comfy there. 

No comments: