Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yay Wednesday!

9-24-14

How is it only Wednesday?

At least I can say I was mostly productive yesterday. While Ken helped the boys with homework, I worked on cleaning up the house a bit. We also had gone to Costco before the boys got home from school, so this allowed me to make some eggs for Bobby for breakfast each morning along with making breakfast burritos for Ken and I for the week. I also spent some time dealing with poo. With 9 critters, there is a large amount of poo to deal with.

I really would be having the boys do a lot of the chores I did yesterday, but to be perfectly honest, they just don’t have time during the week right now. With homework and practice twice a week, daily chores are not exactly easy to assign. Don’t get me wrong, I do have them do a lot. I just don’t make them do all of the things they do when soccer isn’t in full swing. On the weekends I can have them do more and not feel bad since they still have time to play.

Sarah asked me yesterday how I do everything I do. I know I have a lot on my plate, but at the same time, I feel like I am lazy a lot. I mean, while the boys were at practice, I was sitting on the couch talking to Sarah. Sure, part of the time I was on the phone I managed to make dinner and other things, but they all seem like standard things.

We were going to cancel game night this Saturday because some people couldn’t make it. However, enough are available so we will play this Wii game Chris is bringing over, which should be a lot of fun. Now I should figure out some food. I don’t want anything too fancy.

Wednesdays are good days for me because the boys get off school earlier. It means we can get homework done and it isn’t super late. I also don’t have to make dinner tonight because we are going to Rizzo’s for a soccer fundraiser. Yay! I am hoping to get some laundry going when I get home and to be able to vacuum downstairs before the boys make it home.

I have some kind of training this morning. It should be brief, but I hate those sort of things. I do better figuring out new systems on my own. I have some other training for something else in a couple weeks that is 2 hours, which seems like a complete waste of time.


Let’s just hope today goes quickly. 

No comments: