Thursday, October 1, 2009

Achoo!

10-1-09

I just realized I have not written a journal yet.

I was out sick yesterday. The sick came on quickly on Tuesday afternoon. I had been cleaning out a cupboard and I assumed the dust is what set off the sneezing. I took some Benedryl and yet come Wednesday morning, I had not slept because of my nose and throat. Oh, and not to mention the fever feeling. I had a temperature, but it wasn’t like death levels. I just felt miserable.

I spent the day pretty much on my ass. I watched my number show and was sad when I realized I only had one episode. I tried to watch Melrose, but have decided it sucks serious beans. So I moved on to looking up movies on HBO to see what I could record for another day. Turned out that both the movies I had on the counter from Netflix were on HBO this week, so I set them up to record and returned the movies so we could get the How I Met Your Mother DVD’s. YAY!

I spent gobs of time online. I did my games, read news, etc. I tried to sleep at one point, but I just had no ability to fall asleep, which is odd for me. I gave up at some point.

Ken got home from his class so that meant I would not be able to sleep since he was there. I spent some time in the afternoon looking up rescue Golden Retrievers. I saw some, but the one place I emailed, I was annoyed at their lack of information. I asked for pricing, they gave me none. They said I could fill out an application. Look, I am fine with filling out that stuff, but if these rescue places are going to be so insistent on making adoption a pain in the ass, it is no wonder animals don’t get homes. I know they are trying to protect their rescues, but maybe a bit more happy about people being interested?

The boys went to be early last night. They were fighting and my patience was at an all time low. I also crawled into bed by 8. Although, I don’t feel like I slept at all.

So my over booked weekend starts tonight. I am supposed to go to some Star Wars Musical in Anaheim with Ken tonight. The boys have arrangements to sleep at my parent’s house tonight, which I am ok with, but I feel bad being that my mom has to work in the morning, plus, Bobby has been having separation issues. I am worried about me, too. I am still sick, plus, this show doesn’t start until like 8, and so that means I won’t be home till probably after 11. I am going to be dead on my feet tomorrow.

And then there is Saturday. We are going to the Old Hometown Faire, which rocks. Doug is coming, and so is Matt. Basically, it is a Bowlby sibling reunion. Yay! Saturday afternoon seems the most feasible based on both their schedules. No problem for me. That is until Ken got an email.

His class reunion is this Saturday night! Crap! He really wants to go, which I am fine going since this time he will get to introduce me as his wife instead of his significant other. Yeah, he did that last time because he though girlfriend sounded not permanent enough, and we weren’t engaged or married at the time so he didn’t want to say that. He thought significant other sounded more important. Not so much.

Anyhoo-it is Saturday night at like 7 to 11. Not super late, but either way, we need another sitter. I didn’t want to hit up my folks two nights in a week. I don’t know that they would mind too much, but it seems rude in my book. Plus, once again, I would like to keep the boys at home. Ken made a crack about how he wished his parents were close by because they wouldn’t mind watching them two nights in a week. I did not appreciate that one.

Either way, Ken said he would get in touch with Chelsea to see if she could watch them. I am sure we can figure out something, but I just know with the fair Saturday afternoon, and then I need to get ready! Sheesh! I am also bummed since I had hoped to have Doug stay the afternoon and visit with him some more at the house. I guess another time.

Sunday I am going to be crazy tired. If my parents did watch them Saturday night, it means we would need to bowl Sunday morning. Arrggghhh!! I need to take a week off of rest.

Bobby’s surgery has been scheduled for the 15th of Oct. 2 weeks from today. Scary! We have to be there at 6:30 in the morning, where Bobby will undoubtedly be complaining because he will be hungry and thirsty. He can’t eat or drink from midnight on till after surgery. Crazy! Dax is coming with us, which could be good, could be bad. I am hoping he will be a good little brother and hold Bobby’s hand. Plus, while Bobby is in the operating room, Dax will be a good distraction for me. Although, we are going to need someone there to watch Dax while Ken and I are in recovery with Bobby since I am pretty sure Dax won’t be allowed in there. We will find out when we go to the hospital to pre-register Bobby. The plan is to take him down, get him registered, then take him to show him the hospital a bit. Show him the floor he is going to be on, maybe we will eat something in the cafeteria. Let him know it is fun. I also want balloons or something for him for when he wakes up. Yes, I am going to be a crazy broad with this. I have considered taking Dax to Maria’s right after Bobby goes in for his procedure. I mean, we have like an hour and a half. Don’t know yet. Then again, Dax will probably like to see Bobby. Besides, we are going to go get lunch with Bobby, his choice since he will probably be famished.

Stephanie put it right, though. She isn’t worried about Bobby as he will be fine. It is me to worry about. I am going to be a wreck. Probably why I got sick. I got sick the same day I found out his surgery was scheduled.

Crap! I also need to call Halldale Elementary again to tell them they need to schedule Bobby for his speech and language evaluation. My mom told me they have to do it within 2 weeks of the request. The guy who called me gave me some bullshit line about that I need to call the district office. My mom told me to not put up with that and tell them they need to make the referral and have them call me. I hate this only because I don’t know enough of the details on why they have to do it in 2 weeks. So I am flying blind. It is my first opportunity to be a super psycho mom. I am going to draft a letter today and fax it back and tell them that it is their responsibility to arrange this testing. Let’s see how that goes.

My nose hurts so bad. The dryness from all my nose blowing and wiping has made it all cracked and sore. When I used this nasal spray last night, some of it got on one of the cracks and it felt like fire. So uncool. I am still very medicated right now. I took my Nyquil last night around 8, and my nasal spray the same time. Both are still in my system. They are wearing off, but I can’t even begin to tell you how zoned I am.

I really wanted to go to the fair on Sunday. I just remembered that Costa grads from my class are supposed to be there around 3. Crap! I suppose depending on how I feel, I can go back.

Ok, I just looked up to see what this Star Wars Musical is about. Apparently it is not some high school production with Chewie singing and dancing, or any ballad being done by C3PO who would finally confess his love for R2. Instead, it is the music of Star Wars and it is being performed by a full blown orchestra while clips from certain scenes from the 6 movies is played on the screen. Anthony Daniels is narrating. It is 2 and a half hours long.

I have decided that the campy musical needs to be made with a song about incest sung by Luke about Leah. It needs to have the line, “I just wanted to kiss her so bad, how was I to know we had the same dad!”

Come on!

Ok, based on the latest gossip, it doesn’t look like we are moving anytime super soon, and certainly not by next Monday. We are the second set to move, and the first set isn’t even scheduled until at the earliest the 9th. And that is iffy. Hell, they are still trying to NOT make it happen, so I am crossing my fingers. Not that I mind, and I even heard my desk is the one I want, but still, not having to move would be ideal.

Crap. Boss is now proposing we don’t move and yet I still have to fucking move. God dammit. See, this is why I didn’t want to make a stink! I have to move over. It isn’t a huge deal, but what a pain in the fucking ass. I like my quiet space. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do. They may need some of our space, which is the reason, and I am odd man out. So why not keep me in my corner. Perhaps they only have a group of 4 to move, why not then move them in the 4 spot, and leave me. No reason to move me when it isn’t needed. Look, I am not going to complain to the boss. I still have a seat. I mentioned to him I didn’t need to move, but I told him I am cool with it. We don’t even know what is needed right now. Hell, they may not want to move ANYONE in our area. Who knows. I know they will now of course say I was wrong and that it was good to speak up because maybe we won’t move. Look, they spoke up, I got screwed. I am pretty sure I am still right.

LOL!! A humorous thought popped in. With the way the boss is suggesting we move, it means the whisper sisters will be in the same 4 spot as the two folks nortoriously annoyed by the whisper sisters’ chatter. It will be either deathly quiet, or they will kill each other, which I suppose will mean silence in the end, and I suppose if there is real killing, also deathly. Man. It is going to be interesting either way.

All of my meds have worn off and my nose is no longer functional. Awesome. On the plus side, I am getting gobs of sympathy.

Hee hee! So my Facebook talking to my old Madison friend has now gotten two more folks I used to hang with. I just got a friend request minutes ago from one of the 3 I played with, and this morning from a girl I was friends with back then, I was even at her house numerous times! Yay! It is so wacky! How does everyone all of the sudden remember everyone? Especially since the 3 I did hang out with ALL went to Costa, yet we never spoke? Is it the high school phenom where you don’t talk to grade school buddies because you are too cool for them now? I wonder how that works. I need to search for my Madison best friend. That could be fun.

Maybe it is reunion time in the air. What with Old Hometown Faire, Ken’s reunion and my FB friend stuff, what is going on??

1 comment:

Brandy said...

What is going on, is that we are OLD and having a midlife crisis.