Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I almost forgot to post this!

10-20-09

I don’t plan on another novel of a post today, so your eyes can rest easy.

I smell like puppy this morning. Luna felt that my shower didn’t clean me enough so she went ahead and finished the job. She has the most fowl puppy breath ever. Although it is getting better. We think that the food she ate before us did this. The only real problem with the food we use for her now is that it stinks. Ok, I am really the only one who notices this. It specifically smells like formula. And formula is one of those smells that always made me ill. It may have been psychological, being a uber breast feeding mommy, but either way, her kibble isn’t pleasant on my nose.

Luna is doing well. Lycos can’t seem to decide if she wants to be in charge or just a big ole wuss. I have now found her on the couch when Luna is in there. She looks like some 50’s housewife who just saw a mouse.

We gave Luna all of the dog toys in the house. Lycos has never liked most of them aside from her lion, so everything else is fair game. Luna seemed appreciative of the chew toys, and it meant she wasn’t chewing on everything else in sight.

She is in crazy chewing mode still. So much so it made the boys pull a Lycos where they also were up high on the couch so that Luna could not mouth them. I showed the boys what to do with her when she did this. Dax seemed to get the hang of it more so. He has a more forceful “no”. Bobby was a little spooked, but also enjoyed playing with her. Once the mouthing goes away, I think it will be a little easier for them.

We took Bobby back to the doc for his follow up after the procedure. Doctor Lesser said the stitches looked good and was pleased. Bobby had to pee, so we told him he could show the doc how much better it was. Bobby was shockingly pleased to do this. So we got a couple of cups and he stood up on the table. He started peeing in the cup, and the doc was pleased with the stream. Of course, Bobby had way more pee than needed to show this. The cup started filling up fast and it didn’t seem like he was going to be done soon. We all started yelling to have him stop. The stream stopped just as the cup was at maximum capacity. Ken put another cup under, and Bobby proceeded to fill that one up as well. It felt like we were all yelling at Forest Gump when he ran on the football field. Luckily, Bobby thought it was all amusing, and the doc was pretty impressed with his ability to stop and then start again. We do have to start putting the tip of a catheter in, well, the tip of Bobby. It is just to make sure it all stays open and healed. The doc wasn’t too concerned and told us he felt it looked good.

When I had first picked up the boys, I took the them and the dogs out in the yard to play. We were out there for a bit, but I knew we needed to come in soon since we needed to get to the doctor for Bobby. The boys were also being a bit cranky, specifically Dax. After he pitched one fit over some toy I decided it was time to go in. I needed them calm for the doc. So I announced it was time to go in, and Bobby and the dogs headed to the house. Dax, however, flipped out. In true 3 year old fashion, he kicked, he screamed, he even tried to reason with me. As the rest of us were walking in the house, Dax was still standing firm and saying to me, “Mom, I stopped crying! I want to stay outside!’ I calmly explained I appreciated his lack of tears but that it was time to come in. He still held firm, with the slow inching towards the back door. I went in with Bobby and the dogs and got them settled in the living room. Dax by now was standing on the back porch, screen door wide open, screaming he wanted to go outside. It had become comical. At one point, he was banging on something, and I was a little concerned he was going to hurt himself. So I went up to him, picked him up and placed him in the kitchen. At this point, he pretty much flung himself to the ground, screaming the whole time. I had to try very hard not to laugh.

eHeI closed the screen and he charged the door. I held it shut, and he kept trying to open it. So I opted to close the back door. This door is a bitch to open as a grownup. So the 3 year old, in all his efforts, could not open it. I stood there, and watched his tiny struggle. He finally stopped for a second, looked at me and says very seriously, “it’s locked, mom!” I nodded, and he pouted for a moment. He started screaming again, and at this point I said to him that he had to the count of 5 before he would need to take this tantrum into his room. I didn’t even get to 1. He is really good at stopping suddenly on that. He holds in all of his anger and screaming in order to not be in trouble. I then told him I could get him some milk if he went and sat down. He agreed, and I could tell he was better when he saw something on the ground and said, “Somebody (sniff) dropped (sniff) this here (sniffle), mom,” I told him I would take care of it. And he happily trotted off. Such a trooper.


Ok, I am not going to get into it, but I have a question. Ok, more of a discussion topic that I may need to visit later.

Jack Johnson, a highly successful black boxer from the early 1900’s, was arrested and served prison time in 1912 for essentially dating a white woman. Now, some senators are trying to get his a posthumous pardon for said crime. Look, I totally understand that we were a young, and if possible, even more stupid country back then. We had bad laws, we had bad morals, and let’s face it, we were still learning. But bottom line, the guy broke a law that was in effect. I am not suggesting it wasn’t wrong that the law existed, but aren’t there better things our senators can be spending time on? A dead guy who broke a stupid racist law from almost 100 years ago doesn’t need time spent on him to get a pardon. I think that we need to start thinking about how we spend our time and efforts. A pardon, I suppose will make his family feel vindicated, but does it bring him back from the dead? Does it mean he didn’t actually have to serve time back then? Does it mean that we should apologize to every family member who had people in that era who were convicted of really stupid laws? Racism is an ugly thing. What good does it do, though, to concentrate on correcting it with a guy who isn’t around anymore? Why can’t we look to the future? Why doesn’t John McCain, who is one of the senators leading this cause, maybe look at helping some poor black neighborhood with all of the money and time he spent on this case? Sure, there is symbolism in pardoning this man, but I think that you would find that no matter how symbolic the gesture is, it doesn’t mean that it is going to keep a-holes today from being racist tomorrow.

Dammit! I forgot my stack of magazines at home. I knew I had put them in a not so good place because I knew I would forget them there. Dang! Oh well. I will live, I just would have liked to read them at lunch.

As I get older, I have noticed more and more people calling me Gen. You would think it would be the other way around. Odd.

If I were skinny, I am pretty sure I would end up dressing like a skank. Not saying I will not strive to be skinny, but I wonder if I would just end up flaunting it.

When our year is done with the sex every day, I wonder what we will do then.

We went by the pumpkin patch that had the pony rides. They want $6 a ride! Lame! In fact, most of the stuff costs, so I think just a pumpkin from Ralphs may be this year’s pumpkin.

I want a tattoo of a small heart on my hip.

There is a little part of me that wishes I sang beautifully. Sure, my kids don’t mind my singing, but I think they are just being nice.

Clearly I work with a set of people that can appreciate my crappy taste buds. I am eating my mac and cheese with tuna, and several people have told me it smells yummy and have eaten the same thing. LOL!!

No comments: