Tuesday, October 6, 2009

we are registered

10-6-09

Bobby is registered for his procedure. We went down to the hospital last night and got him all signed up. We also got our information, which included all good news. We can hold his hand while he goes under. We will in fact be the first faces he sees when he wakes up (this is actually standard procedure since apparently kids get nervous coming to), and over all, surgery and recovery total takes 90 minutes. I had thought it would be 90 minutes plus recovery. So in reality, we don’t have to freak out for as long.

The nurses there who answered our questions were quite nice. The one even walked us down to the West Hall where we will be. I had not been down there as they have changed the hospital around since last I had to be worked on.

We also went to the cafeteria, since in all the times I have been there, I had not gone in there. I was impressed. Cheap, and it looked yummy. This was good since our plan is once Bobby is being worked on, we were going to go there to get a quick bite to eat for us and Dax since even though Dax isn’t getting worked on, he will have to adhere to the no food or drink rule. Although, if my dad (or even Ken’s mom) come, I may have him take Dax to go get something to eat while we sit with Bobby. Don’t know yet. I told Bobby he gets to choose where we eat after, and he said the Buzz Lightyear store, so I think he is not understanding my offer.

I also told him he gets to wear cool hospital clothes where his booty will hang out. He loved this.

They were so full of energy after having to be quiet and subdued while at the hospital, Ken suggested a McDonald’s run. No one was there. No joke. Like not even people eating in the restaurant. It was 6 o’clock. There was then one mom with her son, and they stayed only 5 minutes. Later, a nanny/mom broad came with her kid who looked about 18 months if that. She spent the whole time on the phone, while her kid went to the entrance of the habitrail and proceeded to pee all over the platform. The boys said the kid had made a mess, but I did not put it together until I noticed the puddle the boys didn’t want to touch, and the fact that the kid was shivering and had a giant wet spot on his pants. Nice. Ken cleaned it up. While I was up getting ice cream, the evil lady grabbed her kid, threw him in the stroller and left suddenly, kid screaming the whole time. Classy.

Dax has become so Thomas the Tank obsessed that when I presented him with a Thomas book I had found in my book cleaning of Bobby’s closet, we have never seen him so content when going to bed. I read him the book, which he loved, despite the fact that Thomas stories are HORRIBLE. He then asked to hold the book, and he curled up with it. Ken read something else, but he held on to his book. He didn’t even ask for a glass of milk in the kitchen like he normally does. I think it is going to be a very Thomas Christmas.

We watched some HIMYM last night and I have never been happier. Fantastic episodes, including one where Marshall had charts made for random things, including one that was a Venn Diagram for Cecelia, which includes one part- people who are breaking my heart, one part people who are shaking my confidence daily, with the cross section: Cecilia. I am telling you right now, I laughed harder at that then anything in the last 3 months. So freaking happy making. Why this tickles me? I don’t know. But, we have I think 2 or 3 more episodes from last season left, then we are in this season! And it is only about 3 weeks in, so we are almost caught up!!! Holy crap! Yes, I will be sad when I don’t have an excess of the show on stock, but then again, I am happy to watch the old shows now, making them my new Friends/Scrubs/King of the Hill/M*A*S*H background show.

Well, good news! My folks are coming to the hospital for Bobby’s procedure. This will please them both. It means Bobby gets gobs of moral support, and Dax will always have undivided attention from someone.

We may need to start bowling again. Not sure yet. I think I need one more week off. I think the boys enjoyed the whole morning, as did Ken. It may only be me that was cranky about the whole thing. But I have to admit that I am loving sleeping in on Sundays.

And I am really loving this cold weather! I can’t wait till I need like 50 blankets on the bed. Sure, the shivering that occurs as I crawl in sucks, but I am willing to deal. I wore long sleeves today, which makes me a little nervous since despite cold mornings and cold nights, I don’t think the day is that kind of cold. Although, it has been pleasant.

I think that this weekend I will make a point of taking the boys in the pool, and then we will take it down.

Mmmmmmmm…..Mike Rowe. He is on KROQ. Holy crap, he has the sexiest voice EVER.

I am now doing some testing. I guess I have to work hard now!

No comments: