Friday, October 30, 2009

Tomorrow is Halloween!

10-30-09

Thank goodness it is Friday. I seriously need to be able to sleep in! I am too pooped to poop!

The exhaustion that came from lack of sleep and major stress all week left me in a major state of cranky yesterday afternoon. I came out of it a bit, and we had a nice family dinner. I am loving the family dinner. No shows, just the four of us at the table. It isn’t a fancy table. Heck, it is a folding table with folding chairs. But to me, it is perfect. Plus, super great practice for the boys for more formal dining. Plus, I have been able to mostly make only one meal, and everyone has eaten. It means the boys have tried a few more things, which rocks for me. Don’t get me wrong, we have done sandwich night where they can watch a show, but mostly this week has been at the table.

We also went on our walk last night. The last two nights due to how late it was and cold once we got home, we didn’t do walk. But last night, the boys played with the dogs in the backyard, and we all headed out for a long walk.

Bobby has gotten quite good on his scooter. Dax still struggles a bit, but he is patient and does keep trying the whole time. We decided to take the “route”. This would be my old exercise route which takes us up to the school and back around. It is a good walk. Up hill slightly to the school, and the way back rocks because you have a really long stretch where you don’t have to cross any streets. Why is that important? Let’s just say when you have a very energetic puppy on one hand, and a 3 year old on a scooter that you need to hold his hand, it is not easy.

Our little parade is funny. Bobby leads the way, with Ken and Lycos next. Then Dax and his crashes every few minutes, and Luna and I brining up the rear. As we were crossing the street at one point, there was a lady in a car going down the street. She then proceeds to tell me how wonderful it is to see a family out like ours. She said to never change and just raved about how cute we all were. Who knew were the portrait of family values? It was super flattering, though. I am glad that we can provide this for our boys.

It was a tough walk. Poor Luna’s one pad was a little worn down. She also pulled on the leash enough that my corrective actions left her neck in one little spot a little red. She was thrilled, though. She does have this nasty tendency to walk between my legs randomly, which caused me to almost fall more times than I can count.

The boys and dogs, and let’s face it, mom too, were beat after the walk. It was an awesome tired. We bathed the boys and Luna, all three of whom were crazy filthy. Luna was not as dirty as we thought, but we are still getting rid of the fleas she came with. A flea collar is in her future, although the flea shampoo we got seems to have really helped a lot.

The boys crashed quick and hard. Luna crawled into her little box bed and almost looked dead. Happy, but certainly tired. Lycos watched all of this and she looked a little smug at the rookies.

I didn’t win anything for the Halloween costume contest at work. Although Fred just came up to me and told me I was robbed. That rocks! Yeah, I was up against 3 old white male judges who, let’s face it, were way out of touch with pop culture. One person from a remote location was dressed at Napoleon Dynamite, and they had no idea who it was. I was one of three that dressed up at our facility. I mean, our accounting dept did a whole Wizard of Oz Theme, since they always dress up and win, and one guy who dressed up like Bob’s Big Boy (complete with real burger-he was so the best in my book). People from the other facilities sent pics of their costumes, and there was maybe a half dozen? Of course, Wizard of Oz won, as did some chick with a crappy Zoro costume, and another 3 people in the other facilities, and Bob got 4th place. Yes, they added 2 prizes, and so out of the like 10 people that entered, I think only a couple didn’t win, including me. Oh well. Many people laughed who got it and they thought it was super cute.

Devil Woman, the bitch from the accounting team, had the gall to challenge other departments to dress up like they do. What she failed to realize is that most of the departments did in fact all dress up last Halloween, back before all the departments were practically dissolved or laid off. So a dept of 8 last year that did a disco theme, has since been reduced to 2 people. Not sure it is as interesting for them to dress up. The accounting team is the only group that was left with only a couple of casualties. They still have like 14 people. The only other team big enough to maybe do something is mine, and in reality, the VP who dresses with Accounting, who is over the manager of accounting, is also over my manager. So why are we never invited to play? So fucking lame. It amazes me how lame these folks are at times. I go from absolute bliss with my coworkers to absolute distain in a matter of minutes about 17 times a day. I wish I could find the gray area.

I am really looking forward to my new bra.

I wish my heater would be more powerful. I am freezing. Of course, it has its work cut out for it since my coldness is more due to me drinking ice cold water. The heater can only heat my outside. I suppose I could go get some hot chocolate, but it doesn’t sound good.

I am trying to come up with a good place tonight for our now seemingly regular Friday night family dinner. There is part of me ok with just going to McDonald’s just because they love playing there so much. But I also kind of want to go to some place that has far superior food to the fast food faire. Not sure what that means, so I will have to rack my brain.

I have a hard time believing it has been 20 years since I went into high school.

I just remembered we have a gift certificate to some place in El Segundo. Hmm..perhaps tonight is the night to try that?

I am getting positively giddy about taking the boys to Disneyland on Thanksgiving. I can hardly contain myself. We are not telling them. It will be a huge surprise. I am hoping we can have tickets before we get there so that when we get there, they get to just walk into the gates and stand in complete shock and awe of the spectacle that is the entrance to Disneyland. I am a little worried that the slowness that the Brenans are notorious for will delay us some. I am thinking that perhaps we should shoot for breakfast at like 6 am near the park so that even if they are a smidge behind schedule, we can still walk in the second the park opens at 8 am. Then again, who needs breakfast! Let’s just get in the park!!

No comments: