Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 more days!

12-23-09

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! LOL!

Ok, it is going to be a better day. It has to be! I have decided.

Ken managed to get some awesome Transformers stuff for the boys. This was impressive being that he had to travel to like 4 Toys R Us locations, Targets galore, and many other stops. But we certainly have exactly what was needed, and then some.

I am sleepy. Dax for some reason was up at like 1 am throwing a tantrum. We let him cry for a while since it was clearly a tantrum when he went from I am hungry to I am cold to I want milk to I don’t feel well to I want a story, etc etc. I had finally warmed up at this point, Ken having put some socks on me and more blankets when I was shivering earlier. I offered to go in, but Ken took the hit. Dax stopped screaming after about 5 minutes, and despite my best efforts to stay awake in case they needed me, I fell asleep. I think Ken was in there for like an hour if I looked at the clock right when I heard him come in.

At least Ken can rest today since he has no more shopping adventures, and the boys still have daycare today.

I would love to go curl back up into bed. I was comfy. It was cold out so the gobs of warmth and heavy blankets were soothing. I have 2 more days and really, only one more morning of having to get up early before I have 9 blissful days of sleeping in. Woo hoo!!

I got my dress from Torrid. I do love it, but I had not realized it was a halter top. I like the style, but I don’t currently own a bra to allow for that. So one of my necessities shopping runs over this next week will include a strapless style bra. I also determined I need like 10 pair of black knee high socks and about a dozen nice tank tops, 6 of which should be black, and the rest various colors. These are the staples of what goes with everything I wear. I figure once I have those, I can get various other items when I happen to see something. I also may need a couple of long sleeve shirts.

Andy and Scott sent some wonderful presents for the boys. Seriously, these kids are going to have quite the Christmas. I think tonight I need to go through their rooms and make sure that there is a place for all their new crap.

I was just talking to my boss and we were discussing tomorrow on how it is just he and I. I told him that he needed to do things like get a list of who is here tomorrow and also some info from our reps on what orders need to stay on hold. I then told him he needed to work on seeing if we could just do a half day. He looked surprised at my statement, but intrigued. He asked if we used to go home early, and I pointed out a long long time ago we used to with the old CFO, but that perhaps since we won’t be that busy that we can sneak out. I think he assumes he doesn’t have the power to send us home early. I say if he is insistent on calling himself the director, he has that power. Dammit. So I may have planted a seed in his tiny little brain.

They are replaying clips of K&B from this past year for the best of. They are revisiting the idea of how many 5 year olds can you fight off. Mike is saying he can take on 50. I am calling BS because honestly, I think he would have a hard time with my 3 year old.

I think today is a clean my desk kind of day. Although, I may wait until after Christmas for that. I realize that at that point I will take down my Christmas decorations and I can make it much more clean. Based on that, I may take it all down tomorrow since I won’t be back until the new year, and I don’t want my tree to dry up.

Ok, I have managed to keep myself busy with a project. I am so proud. I still have a bit more to do on it, but I was at a mini stopping point. Playing Dear Abby to one friend right now. Always interesting. I think I need a break, though, from playing the good doctor.

No comments: